Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

COVID-19 Announcement

Ontario has enacted a "Declaration of emergency", as stated all
outdoor recreational amenities are now closed. Please Read..

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sunday Morning Quickie
Species8472
Posted: Mar 08, 2020 - 09:36 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16923

So the original plan was to head out on Nipissing all day Saturday and Sunday. As sometimes happens life gets in the way and all I managed was 2 hours this morning. Regardless it was a beauty day with no shelter required and the bite was decent. Managed 8 perch (kept 5) and 4 walleye. All the walleye were in the 15 to 17 inch range so they had to go back.

The keepers:

Attached Image

This is only my second year ever on Nip and the top guy in the photo measured bang on 12 inches which is a PB for me on Nipissing for Perch. One more week of Walleye left so hope to get out again next weekend. Lots of good ice - 20 inches where I was with only one inch of grey on top. Looking at the forecast though it is going to be a slushfest next weekend

All caught on a 1/3 oz Little Cleo tipped with 3 inch shiners.

PMEmail Poster
kenster
Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 07:18 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 12683

My Fav. Lure, but then I'm not one to try anything else although I changed the colour this past Sunday only because the silver broke. Nice Jumbo's

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Mar 09, 2020 - 07:34 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Some decent perch there. Enjoys the eats.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!