Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hello! Getting back into the game, Intro
Czestnut
Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 11:50 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 19987

Hi Everyone,

After 25 years working in a major IT company, I was given an early retirement package so I now have a lot of free time, unless I have something on the honey-do list.
Live in Aurora, grew up in Montreal, but all my summers during my youth was in Alburgh VT, so I used to fish A LOT on Lake Champlain and the rivers nearby. I just started fishing again now, and realizing my style of fishing is going to have to change here since the fish are somewhat different. Haven't had much success, so I came here to read and get acquainted with the area, and read all your tips and tricks. I've been doing shoreline fishing, but I had the common Intex Explorer 2 kayak for about a decade that I'm thinking of using for fishing. So, just saying hi, and you may be seeing me ride an electric unicycle to fishing spots cars can't get to. Cheers.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 06:14 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Welcome back to the world of fishing. Great intro! Lots has changed in the past 25 years. Mostly the fishing is more difficult now.. LOL. Be patient, do your homework and try to get out as often as you can. Find some producing spots, refine your techniques and presentations. All the fun in fishing is the adventure! Cheers & Good Luck!

PMEmail Poster
reelinginthebigone
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 - 06:59 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 18443

Welcome to the forum! What fish are you targeting?

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 - 11:03 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Welcome Czestnut.

PMEmail Poster
mamona
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 - 09:03 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 14206

Welcome to the forum I am second to reelinginthebigone question, what fish are you targeting?

PMEmail Poster
Heavytruckerbud
Posted: Sep 19, 2022 - 08:38 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16206

QUOTE (Czestnut @ Sep 08, 2022 - 11:50 am)
Hi Everyone,

After 25 years working in a major IT company, I was given an early retirement package so I now have a lot of free time, unless I have something on the honey-do list.
Live in Aurora, grew up in Montreal, but all my summers during my youth was in Alburgh VT, so I used to fish A LOT on Lake Champlain and the rivers nearby.  I just started fishing again now, and realizing my style of fishing is going to have to change here since the fish are somewhat different.  Haven't had much success, so I came here to read and get acquainted with the area, and read all your tips and tricks.  I've been doing shoreline fishing, but I had the common Intex Explorer 2 kayak for about a decade that I'm thinking of using for fishing.  So, just saying hi, and you may be seeing me ride an electric unicycle to fishing spots cars can't get to.  Cheers.

I run a fishing charter where we are now targeting huge and plentiful jumbo

Itís basically non stop action and super fun. If youíre interested let me know. I see that you canít PM yet.

PMEmail Poster
Jstubbs
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 - 09:22 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16585

Welcome aboard!!!!!

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 - 09:37 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Welcome.....lots of info here and a lot of knowledgeable fisherman....you will get caught up in no time at all. Lots of tech changes in fishing today.

Arnie

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Zany13
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 - 07:07 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 18853

Welcome to the club!

we are all mostly waiting for the hard water action lol

PMEmail Poster
Czestnut
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 - 10:16 am

Egg

Member No.: 19987

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Will have to find my reply email notification setting.

So, what am I targeting... my faves are large and smallmouths, walleye and pike, but interested in the fatty fish like salmon and trout as my wife's palate just likes those. Otherwise, just out there for fun.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Sep 21, 2022 - 09:34 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (Czestnut @ Sep 21, 2022 - 10:16 am)
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Will have to find my reply email notification setting.

So, what am I targeting... my faves are large and smallmouths, walleye and pike, but interested in the fatty fish like salmon and trout as my wife's palate just likes those. Otherwise, just out there for fun.

welcome aboard

so you will find trout, smallmouth and pike in Simcoe

walleye are there but not a consistent fishery

the other species are readily available in many other water bodies

gl

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jstubbs
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 - 10:21 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16585

Don't forget the legendary simcoe JUMBOOOOOOOOS

PMEmail Poster
skippersam
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 06:47 am

Egg

Member No.: 957

Welcome aboard Czestnut.
As mentioned there are many species of fish to target in Simcoe if you have a boat. Then there is the coming hard water ice fishing season, although very short window for safe fishing.

If you are after Salmon or Walleye then i can help you out. I make several trips a year to Lake Ontario for Salmon, as well Lake Erie for Walleye. Then there is always a trip to the Detroit and St Clair river to jig for Walleye. Also i make at least one trip to the North, Point au Baril for some Late season Walleye. If you have an interest in joining on some of the several trips that i make please contact me as i am alway interested in making new fishing friends. I find it much more fun to fish with friends than by myself. Also it makes it easier to share expenses when retired.

Shawn
four one six nine five three, seven four four zero

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!