Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This Friday!, South River
Chinnys1
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 03:24 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 15038

Can't wait should be fishing at some point next friday at South River,

I am curious, have may of you found the bite changes later in the ice year?, or the size of fish?

i've done a lot of ice fishing in my years, never on NIP, so i am curious of any tips if possible.

i always bring so much tackle, and then find myself doing split shot and shiner lol,

but if anyone is willing, share with me your findings this winter, do you jig?, still fish?, do you pack it in after 9 pm?, etc etc.

i will be posting live as much as i can come friday, and pay it all forward.

cheers!

PMEmail Poster
Icehog
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 03:29 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7626

I always go up and fish nipissing.you need to try everything. But works for us is Northland buckshot spoons or Northland rattle spoons. Pink/yellow and blue are all hot colours. 1/4 to 1/8 weight tipee with minnow head. Fishi g is hit and miss. Sometime bit is great in the morning and sometimes it's great in the evening. Caught many walleye around 11pm and 1am. You just need to try and fish hard they ate there. Good luck and tight lines.

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 11:18 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15394

I find that jigging works well for me always and deadsticking sometimes. The Northland Buckshots, Flutterspoons and the new Clam bladespoons have worked great for me. Pink, green, yellow, blue and purple have been hot colours.
For fishing after 9pm, it works sometimes.....you just need to be careful of the mudpuppies lol.
Have fun and tight lines!!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace