Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sturgeon Lake - September 7, Rough outing - new PS
Skippy
Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 07:03 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 12923

Back out on my kayak today. Forecast was calling for increasing wind as the day went on, but I wanted to get out on Sturgeon at least one more time this year.

Arrived a little after sun up and was pleased that the lake was calm and winds were light - a good start. Spent quite a bit of time searching and cover water. Did eventually find a few fish in the morning, but it was very tough going.

My afternoon did not go well. The winds picked up significantly and the waves were a problem again. Funnily enough at one point I was able to get my chatterbait to vibrate just from the wind pushing me around and keeping my rod tip up. Not sure I had a genuine bite in the afternoon. At one point I just wanted to feel a bite - any bite - and went in where I figured there would be some panfish. Thatís where I caught my new PS (Personal Small).

See below.

I will also include the one Muskie I landed (one other muskie bite on the day) and one of the smallies I caught.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Skippy
Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 07:04 pm

Parr Trout

Muskie

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Skippy
Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 07:04 pm

Parr Trout

Smallie

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Bigfishlill
Posted: Sep 07, 2019 - 07:30 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6778

Man tough day, but I would love to catch that largie 15 years from now lol. Thanks for sharing that lake can be challenging.

PMEmail Poster
Bredan2003
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 - 12:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16401

Wow! Those are some great catches.. love the little guy, so cute!

PMEmail Poster
Lookinforeyes
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 - 12:36 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14252

A tough day but looks like some decent fish caught 👍 Musky from a yak has to be fun for sure😜 thanks for sharing your story FISHON ✌️

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace