Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Appreciating the info
MarkDv
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 01:16 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16889

I'm not complete novice in the field and I do a lot of research on the net about trout/salmon fishing, including watching video etc. But I doubt if I ever got such valuable information as I just found in the post of sdcaller at Apr 30, 2017 - 05:45 pm
Thank you, sdcaller, really appreciate the time you spend and your desire to help and educate fellows!

PMEmail Poster
mydogbites
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 06:54 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 414

Glad your enjoying the site. We have a lot of excellent people here that are very willing to share. SDC is a stellar man and has taught me so much as well. Since you are newer to the site and you like learning I would also steer you to Longshank, his reports and comments, but more important take him up on his offer to board members for a Salmon charter. He loves what he does and is great at doing it. I also learned a boat load of stuff from this man. Nothing better then learning in the field from someone who cares. I have been blessed to be out on the water with both SDC and Longshank. Good times.

PMEmail Poster
MarkDv
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 - 09:02 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16889

Yes, I enjoy reading stuff from the site and I really regret that I was unaware about it till this Simcoe ice season, when Yamaha got a crack in the middle of his hut. My brother got info about it, shared it with me and I started to search. For just two months I learned quite a bit from the site about Simcoe and GB.
I also noticed longshank activity and knowledge as well.
I knew and sometimes participate in OOD forum but I was surprised that Simcoeoutdoors is much more active and interesting in some aspects.
As for live socialization I had developed quite shy and lone personality with the age... I really appreciate your welcome but probably would limit the contact with people on the forum just on the forum.
Thanks!

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 - 01:32 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (MarkDv @ Mar 14, 2019 - 01:16 pm)
I'm not complete novice in the field and I do a lot of research on the net about trout/salmon fishing, including watching video etc. But I doubt if I ever got such valuable information as I just found in the post of sdcaller at Apr 30, 2017 - 05:45 pm
Thank you, sdcaller, really appreciate the time you spend and your desire to help and educate fellows!

Jeez--thanks for the compliments guys.

Now I have to look back to April 2017 and see what I said.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
centerspin
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 - 05:18 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (sdcaller @ Mar 15, 2019 - 01:32 pm)

SDC

Thas a good question. I was curious of what was in that post but could not find it. SDC you ll have to remember what you posted back then and do a repost;)

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 - 08:15 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (centerspin @ Mar 15, 2019 - 05:18 pm)
QUOTE (sdcaller @ Mar 15, 2019 - 01:32 pm)

SDC

Thas a good question. I was curious of what was in that post but could not find it. SDC you ll have to remember what you posted back then and do a repost;)

I looked back and found it. If you look at my posts and go back page by page, you will find it. Click on my name and my details page comes up. At the top left is a heading to find all my posts.

It was about early season fishing for lake trout on Lake Manitou, on Manitoulin Island.

SDC

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace