Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Ľ Fishing Forum
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lake Ontario Today with Shank, Family fishing with Nautrek prt2.
Solaireofastora
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 07:47 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11179

My day started early 3:30am to be exact. By 4:30, my grandfather (Thorahguy), brother, and I were on the road to St. Catharines. We did what fishermen do and talked about the weather, and lures, and tales of fish caught and lost. It was Just past six when we procured our final hortons for the day and the final approach to the marina. Werner (longshank) and Steve (couldn't remember if he's a member sorry Steve), were busy readying the boat. The morning was overcast, cold and windy. Our competent guide and his first mate added lines and changed presentations to keep the fish interested as conditions changed. As the day progressed the sun came out and so did the flies. despite eating more than a few it was something I would do again in a heart-beat. The first fish were landed before 8:30 and after 5 hours of hard fishing we had landed 11 of 14 fish. The largest being 13lbs. All chinook except for one smallish lake trout we kept for the smoker. I now have a freezer full of salmon waiting for the bbq/smoker/over/campfire. Friends and family have already been offered and given fillets. Now its time to have a drink and fondly think over this trip and look forward to the next one. Thank Again to Werner and Steve you guys made it all happen.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Solaireofastora
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 07:48 pm

Smolt Trout

Pictures need adjusting.
The 13lber

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Solaireofastora
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 07:49 pm

Smolt Trout

Gord gets Hooked up.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Solaireofastora
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 07:50 pm

Smolt Trout

THE FLIES

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Solaireofastora
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 07:51 pm

Smolt Trout

More FLIES

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Solaireofastora
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 07:53 pm

Smolt Trout

Andy hooked up with the first fish of the day

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
stevepod
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 09:27 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9154

It was a great time fishing with you guys today . Im glad everyone had fun you all did great. I took a few action shots. Enjoy your fish

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
stevepod
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 09:28 pm

Lunker Trout

Fish on

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
stevepod
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 09:29 pm

Lunker Trout

Nice

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 10:26 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 16371

Nice! Sounds like an amazing day if not for the company alone, never mind the wonderful fish you caught!

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 15, 2019 - 11:29 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

I was looking forward to this outing for a full year and it was surely worth the wait

with the crappy weather for most of this spring it was great that we hit a fairly smooth day on the lake and found some fish as well. they were not easy to take as we marked very few, but action was pretty steady until 10.15 when we hit a complete shutdown as the sun broke through for a while.

20 lure changes later we started popping the odd one here and there with lead core off the boards doing best, then dipseys. As t warmed up and wind died down countless flies swarmed the boat, and they stayed

we didn't hit any big fish today, but a new wave of year class seemed to have moved in, but they still hit hard, fight well and are great eater size

Today, my 3 criteria for a perfect outing were met

good weather
good fishing
great company It just doesn't get any better

I was/am so happy for Gord seeing that big smile on his face and Adam and Andy for some good laughs

I am already looking forward to the next one

special thanks to Steve for helping out today you are good my friend

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
metalbuckle
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 07:09 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Fantastic all around..

Great too see you guys out there, all smiling with a haul of beautiful salmon.

Well done Werner & Steve, it has been a challenging spring with this weather, but looks like things may be clearing up..

As for the flies, my god! I think the flies were waiting for a nice sunny day as well and just burst.. LOL

Thanks for the report and pics, loved it..

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 08:08 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 1282

Good fishing, good friends, good times......doesn't get any better.

Great to hear you guys had some success out there yesterday.....despite the flies

PMEmail Poster
ThorahGuy
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 08:50 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Member No.: 644

Thanks for the comments guys.
Most has already been said. I would be totally delinquent if I didnít add my personal thoughts. Yes, conditions were not ideal, but were better than they had been for a lot of the spring. They were also changing and, as has been said, very few fish were being marked. To get us 14 hookups under such conditions is testament to the talent and skill involved. Shank is very, very good at what he does. And letís not forget the contributions made by Steve, his helper on this trip. A high five and a hearty well done guys.
I had asked Adam to name this part two. Part one was last year. Some of you may remember the report on it. The mission that time was to get the boys into some bigger fish, species unimportant. That mission was a complete success, a number of respectable Lakers landed. This year the mission objective was to get the boys some Salmon. The results speak for themselves, a complete success as well. Thank you again Shank and Steve for getting the boys some Spring Silver and helping me, the old guy on the team, land a couple as well.

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: May 16, 2019 - 09:37 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 3420

Great report fella's, thanks for sharing.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace