Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Slowww fishing so far, How's everyone else doing
RAM3500
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 11:21 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11509

pic

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 11:28 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11509

pic

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 03:02 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Extremely jealous right now...

PMEmail Poster
jedi17
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 08:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 10363

check out the colour of this little guy

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 08:10 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Nice little blue

PMEmail Poster
Icefish05
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 09:09 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12804

Beautiful to see

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 10:39 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

Thats awesome, glad you guys are catching!

I ended up doing a bunch of walking trying to find some more marks, we got 3 guys fishing the hut im sure a 4th isnt going to make a difference. I was looking to get on the very top of the reef so they could see me from all directions but all the shallower spots i wanted to fish the most were on the ice road which was a little frustrating. Got asclose as i though safe i wasnt marking anyways but the dead zone was pretty big since i was on the side.

Was a super cold and windy morning but I decided i would go out on foot again anyways. Got another 14" walleye that came and smashed by lipless crankbait twice. Which led me to believe that the fish just must not be around in large numbers. Fished outside for 2 hours with no other marks.

Ended with 4 Walleyes and 1 perch for me and a total of 7 walleye and 3 perch for the group.
Last time i was up we struck out as well.

We still had a great time, Operator is great huts are warm very well equipped. I think we'll be back again next year. Judging by some of the other posts, I just have to figure out a way to be more mobile next time.

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 04:57 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14767

QUOTE (longfish @ Jan 05, 2019 - 07:50 pm)
Two of the largest Williams on one split ring and no hooks for the flasher rod to bring them in. Jig them hard....make noise and make flash.....bring them in.

The second hole 3 feet away with a Williams as a flasher a is great idea. I checked the regs and could not find any info on the legality of using this method so I called the MNRF.

The MNRF and confirmed (with or without hooks it's a line in the water) and would be considered a second line so, you might as well keep the hooks on it.

It's still a great idea when the bite is slow and I will definitely be trying it out next time.

Better to check then pay the fine and spoil the days fishing (and end up in the dog house when you get home...LOL).

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 06:17 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

QUOTE (Backroadsfishing @ Jan 07, 2019 - 04:57 pm)
QUOTE (longfish @ Jan 05, 2019 - 07:50 pm)
Two of the largest Williams on one split ring and no hooks for the flasher rod to bring them in. Jig them hard....make noise and make flash.....bring them in.

The second hole 3 feet away with a Williams as a flasher a is great idea. I checked the regs and could not find any info on the legality of using this method so I called the MNRF.

The MNRF and confirmed (with or without hooks it's a line in the water) and would be considered a second line so, you might as well keep the hooks on it.

It's still a great idea when the bite is slow and I will definitely be trying it out next time.

Better to check then pay the fine and spoil the days fishing (and end up in the dog house when you get home...LOL).

Cheers

Wow I would not have though that would be considered a line without hooks.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace