Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Humminbird Ice 35, Good starting flasher?
Alwayscatching
Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 12:34 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10620

Just went to Canadian Tire and purchased the Ice 35 Flasher for my first ever flasher. I mostly target perch/pike on simcoe or head to haliburton for pike and walleye. Anyone have first hand experience with it and want to share some honest reviews? I have read plenty online and watched countless videos but I feel like I would get real views here.

PMEmail Poster
thrillhouse
Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 12:42 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3420

I've been using the ice 45 for years now, no complaints here.

PMEmail Poster
kevb81
Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 12:53 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4937

I have a ice 35 it's probably close to ten years old. It didn't come with the carry bag so I just use a tool bag I picked up from princess auto. It mostly gets used as a spare since switching to a helix 5 but has always worked great for me!

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Dec 02, 2019 - 02:05 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11376

i have a friend who runs the ice 35 and used it on several occasions myself, great flasher for aggressive fish like perch and pike, no interference issues when elbow fishing in perch grounds. Flashers are still what i use when in a hut with buddies or when i'm on perch grounds with 7 people within fart smelling distance of me. If you target lakers, walleye and white fish a graph is nice because you have history and can see patterns on how the fish are reacting to your presentation but on perch grounds the flasher is king IMO.

Just make sure you set up correctly, you can see the hard return bottom with the correct depth settings and know how much black out on bottom you are fishing; this is where your jig hits the bottom and distance you can lift before your jig appears on the screen, if you have a boulder or a rock pile you may get more black out with the wider cone angel and i believe the ice 35 has the narrow cone angle option to me this is a must if you are fishing transitions or breaks.

PMEmail Poster
Alwayscatching
Posted: Dec 03, 2019 - 02:30 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10620

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses. I will most likely be with a few buddies just going for perch or the odd time even Lakers if I can ever do some research on where to find them (usually get lost trying to locate them and whities!).

Hopefully we have ourselves a solid season!

PMEmail Poster
gibbysfishin
Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 07:10 pm

Fry

Member No.: 4903

I have the same flasher. I've found it works great,, battery holds up pretty good
Been reliable for 4 yrs now. My only issue is I find it struggles to see a tube jig
after 70 or 80ft when fishng for lakers

PMEmail Poster
Tommy_Niagara
Posted: Dec 05, 2019 - 07:40 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14878

QUOTE (gibbysfishin @ Dec 05, 2019 - 07:10 pm)
I have the same flasher. I've found it works great,, battery holds up pretty good
Been reliable for 4 yrs now. My only issue is I find it struggles to see a tube jig
after 70 or 80ft when fishng for lakers

That's because of a wide cone angle.

The following are just examples, I don't know your unit's actual cone angle.

If cone angle is 45* with 77 kHz

In 80 fow the bottom coverage would be 66 ft diameter.

If cone angler is 19" with 200 kHz

In 80 fow the bottom coverage would be 21 ft diameter.

If you up the gain too much, more clutter will appear.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace