Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Kawartha Report Muskies
Hank Jr
Posted: Oct 08, 2018 - 09:30 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 6860

That week really flew by . Weather was not great rain , cool and windy every day we did see the sun on Wednesday for a little bit . On Thursday on Balsam we had 17 mph wind some big white caps tough fishing and we couldn't fish our regular spots . On Friday one of my Canadian friends drove up to fish with us for the last 2 days suppose to be a day on Pigeon the last day on Sturgeon . We launched on Pigeon went to our first spot the engine wouldn't run at slow speeds or idle . This is the first time we ever had any trouble with it . So we went back to the ramp and took it to the mercury dealer at Buckeye in Bobcaygeon the manager was really great and worked it in between boats and had it for 2 hours but the part he needed he didn't have some kind of throttle sensor went bad . He said we could use the boat without hurting the motor just wouldn't be able to troll or idle . So we got to fish Sturgeon 4 hrs on Friday and all day Saturday . Our totals for the week 9 in the boat 26 other hits ,follows and hooked fish and 5 pike from Balsam . 7 of the follows were from 40" or bigger fish . We don't count hits or hooked fish unless we see they are Muskies . The numbers were down from what we are use to but still a good week with my son and buddy Kitch who worked the trolling motor all day Saturday and put us on 10 fish 2 in the boat and 3 of the follows were from nice muskies . Hopefully we will be back next season to chase my favorite fish .

PMEmail Poster
kitch
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 07:23 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6900

It was tough fishing but lots of fun. There were a few moments in the cold rain and wind when you would look onshore and see warm cottages with lights on and think "Why am I out here?".....but then a muskie follows or hits and all such thoughts disappear right away. Always frustrating when the fish follow but won't hit, but at least you know you are finding them.

Always a good time to get together and put fish in the boat. A boat is always so much more welcoming when it smells of muskie slime.

PMEmail Poster
JordanR
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 10:20 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 14322

Hey hank. Sounds like an amazing week. I haven’t fished musky this year much. Your report motivated myself. So I went out and landed my first musky yesterday at last light right in between rain storms on balsam. Also a couple pike. Thanks for the pointers. Thick 32” fish. But I finally broke the ice. Many more reports coming soon hopefully.
P.s I always find balsam is windy with big waves. Definitely a challenging lake.

PMEmail Poster
Hank Jr
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 10:32 am

Lunker Trout

It was fun having you in the boat Kitch and thanks for buying us supper it went nice with the cold beer . Jordan glad you got out for Muskies now is a good time to hunt for the BIG girls keep at it that 50" er is still out there .

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 01:19 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14137

Hey Hank, glad you guys had a great time and were also able to spend valuable time with Kitch.

Also, thanks for leaving the 50incher to be caught by me .

Hope you and Hank enjoyed your week here. I know the weather was rather crazy but that's mother nature for you.

Hope to be able to participate next year. Both Pete and I were sad we couldn't attend.

Talk to you soon,

Mikey

PMEmail Poster
Jmcgoo
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 07:38 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12432

Nothing like a great Canadian guide to put his friends on the fish.

PMEmail Poster
Hank Jr
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 08:51 pm

Lunker Trout

Thanks Jim but you know Kitch thats all we heard all day how good a guide he was . He did a pretty good job next time you take him out let him work your trolling motor we gave him the on the job training

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 10:59 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

Sounds like an awesome time was had by all, thanks for sharing it with us Hank!

I think I might throw a Jake around this fall, see what I can latch on to...

PMEmail Poster
kitch
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 - 06:40 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 6900

When you see some guys struggling, you can't help but want to jump in and help them out!

What surprised me was where muskies were found....in the middle of nowhere. Not relating to structure. But at least we found them.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace