Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Forum new bee 2 more sleeps, Annual Nip trip
Fish Monger
Posted: Jan 12, 2020 - 12:42 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17826

Hi all,
I'm a forum new bee and long time hard and soft water fisher.

Our annual Nip trip will be early season vs our typical late season trip. I usually fish Simcoe which typically is very satisfying, but alas, the days of being out before Christmas or even mid January are over it seems and I'm not as spry for wave walking.

We have always fished mid week, this trip Tuesday to Friday looking very much forward to a meal or two of fresh fish and otherwise slamming them as I hear the early bite is better.

Until recently marking depth and structure seemed sufficient but my buddy used a flasher our last 2 trips and slayed me. My new Genz flasher should provide the required edge for evening the field and I'm prepared to back it up with video and pics.

We are going out with Nick who now owns my buddy Robs shacks. Always had a great and productive trip over the last 12 years.

Hookemup boys.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 - 09:37 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

I see itís your first post, welcome aboard. Your going to love the edge you get when using a flasher.
Look forward to hearing tales of your trip. Tight lines.
Cheers
Kerry

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 - 09:48 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Welcome aboard Fish Monger......go get em boys.

Fishing with a flasher will give you an edge, be patient some of these fish will play you for awhile before they commit.

Tight lines🎣🎣

PMEmail Poster
Fish Monger
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 06:16 pm

Egg

Thanks for the welcome FatRap and Chevy.

Our trip up this week was great time albeit the fish weren't cooperative.

Our hut was located this year in an awesome location as per avionics and apparently the fish were "jumping out of the holes" the weekend previous so we were primed and motivated for the Tuesday welcome bite.
Flashers on, gain adjusted, interference rejection activated, one line minnow tipped each, and Nicks and my favorite jig on the second. No marks, two bites for the first day and we put much time and selection in the offering. Weather was transitional and it happens. Bed time about midnight.
Wednesday, 6:30am, coffee in hand we begin. Turned out to be the best day, 12 fish. 11 Walleye one Perch and 3 Mud puppies before bed. One keeper but the joint hole fumble and it lives to see someone elses fry pan. Bed time at 11.
Thursday, 7:00am, coffee in hand we begin. Poor day, weather sucked. 3 fish, 1 pike, 1 Walleye and 1 perch.

Although I appreciate having purchased the flasher, all but one fish was really marked clearly as all but the pike an 1 perch were caught hugging bottom.

There were a couple guys we met with a pop up and tracked quad that fished a hump 1 km away that were apparently catching 30- 40 each day with 3 keepers total.

I have physical issues that have limited my running and gunning more recently.

Had a great time with my bud that I don't see often enough and caught some fish. Maybe even get out for some Lakers and Whities on Simcoe soon?? Perch for sure.
The pic is one of the smaller eyes we caught. No brag shots though.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 06:25 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Thank you for the report and pic..
Unfortunately that's fishing, on one day and off the next day.
Cheers Dave.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 06:45 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

You get your good years and you get your not so good years but never a bad year up there, just getting away at this time of the year is good. If it gives you a chance to catch up with a buddy or a couple of buddies even better.

PMEmail Poster
Fish Monger
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 - 07:08 pm

Egg

Can't remember a bad day fishing.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 - 05:19 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4328

Sometimes they are jumping out the holes and sometimes they come in slow. No skunk is always good.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!