» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Brook trout success!, My last trip of 2019
Drew
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 - 06:02 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8190

QUOTE (ldub @ Sep 24, 2019 - 04:32 pm)
Excuse my stupid question, but I was under the impression that you can't use worms in the park? Nice to see I'm wrong on that one. Beauty Fish 

No such thing as a stupid question.....unless it's actually a stupid question....this one isn't.

There are a few Algonquin lakes with special regulations, (no organic bait) which would then make worms restricted.

Overall though, regulations for the Park (beyond regular zone 15 regs) are as show below:

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Drew
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 - 06:06 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8190

QUOTE (Chuck Enwinde @ Sep 24, 2019 - 12:14 am)
At least they had the courtesy to wait till you had a few in the boat to flip the switch. I think I must have been bashing through the bush looking for the bloody trail when they shut off. I tried out a new lake outside the park. Couldn't find a trail so I bushwacked in - then found the trail

...so did you catch any? How was the scouting mission...going back this weekend for another go at it?

PMEmail Poster
chazD
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 - 10:21 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11172

Great report. Thanks.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 12:40 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6034

QUOTE (Drew @ Sep 24, 2019 - 07:06 pm)
QUOTE (Chuck Enwinde @ Sep 24, 2019 - 12:14 am)
At least they had the courtesy to wait till you had a few in the boat to flip the switch.  I think I must have been bashing through the bush looking for the bloody trail when they shut off.  I tried out a new lake outside the park.  Couldn't find a trail so I bushwacked in - then found the trail 

...so did you catch any? How was the scouting mission...going back this weekend for another go at it?

Negative. Hard to say, I've fished enough brooky lakes to know that getting skunked means nothing. I guess it was a success in that I made it to the lake and eventually found the portage in. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm sure I'll go back at some point. I'll definitely be up there somewhere for the closer. Haven't decided exactly where yet but probably somewhere with a track record this time.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 09:48 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Absolutely beautiful colors on those brookies

PMEmail Poster
Nuclear
Posted: Sep 28, 2019 - 08:37 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3419

Great outing and nice catch good for you

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Oct 03, 2019 - 08:30 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Wow.....those colors are amazing.....

Great way to end your season

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace