» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Latest vlog Bassing fishing with Mudpuppy?!, Use my discount code on fishing gear!
TaroMurata
Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 08:23 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 17334

Hey guys It’s be too long. Finally got a new vid done. In this one we test my new lure creation ( The Mudpuppy ) in the lab and then go fishing with it!
For all of the good peeps on this site you can use my code “scuffedhead” and get 15% anything you want off of orderbaits.com Rods, baits or whatever!! Thank all for your support!

Here’s my latest vlog 👉

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/oHwtH6kW-Ok[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 08:42 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Great video Taro...funny and informative as usual. I guarantee that 3.5 inch blue Mudpuppy paddle tail would catch huge crappie and walleye under a slip bobber in the spring and fall or anytime for that matter. I liked the way the tail flipped up every time the bait stops in the water. I also liked the way it swam through the water on a steady retrieve. That bait is going to catch many many pike and bass. Good job, and good luck you guys on the new bait.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 09:28 am

World Record Trout

The trick to catching monster crappie and walleye in the spring and fall in cold water is patience. During the day and especially at night when using a slip bobber. I always have my baits on the jig so the tail will pop up when I stop the bait. The horizontal paddle tail on that blue Mudpuppy should do that as you retrieve your bait stop and start again. This makes the bait look more lifelike as you hesitate then move again. Here is a picture of some of my baits on jig heads.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 09:32 am

World Record Trout

Here is a picture of one floating in a glass of water. That is about as close to fishing as I am going to get this week. LOL.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 09:53 am

World Record Trout

The aspect of the tail going from this position

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 09:54 am

World Record Trout

To this position while barely moving is incredible......... Sorry about the bad pictures but I am famous for my bad photos of so many of my fish catches. LOL. Maybe you can post a short video of what I am trying to describe. It's all in that thin tail you guys made, that's where all that action comes from.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Fozzy47
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 10:07 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 18006

And all these yrs I've been treading the hook through the back of the plastic allowing it to take its natural straight shape.

Live and learn..... interesting concept.

Thanks Crappeeeman

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 10:24 am

World Record Trout

Now I only do that in cold water and I am sure there are many people out there thinking that is a crazy way to fish a bait. But it obviously works. I also fish for bass with a 10 inch zoom worm in that same fashion. Bass in the dark of night are hard to catch but they seem to like a slow presentation with the bait. Here is a picture.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 10:35 am

World Record Trout

This is why I like this bait Taro showed us. This new bait will catch fish in so many ways. Fast or slow presentation or up and down jigging. I have to get some of these blue ones before I get out fishing again. Thanks Taro.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Aug 05, 2022 - 05:08 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Always enjoy your vids Taro....well done and the new bait looks good ....love the action in the tail....very enticing.

Arnie

PMEmail PosterYahoo
TaroMurata
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 06:14 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 17334

QUOTE (crappeeeman @ Aug 05, 2022 - 09:28 am)
The trick to catching monster crappie and walleye in the spring and fall in cold water is patience. During the day and especially at night when using a slip bobber. I always have my baits on the jig so the tail will pop up when I stop the bait. The horizontal paddle tail on that blue Mudpuppy should do that as you retrieve your bait stop and start again. This makes the bait look more lifelike as you hesitate then move again. Here is a picture of some of my baits on jig heads.

Thanks so much bro! Never rigged my baits the way you’re showing. That looks sick! Just learned something! Thank you!!

TM

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 12:59 pm

World Record Trout

That is what I liked about your video. The tail on that Blue Mudpuppy has so much action when it is moving quickly or slow.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!