Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Finally back after a long time away, Biggest Musky I caught last season
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Mar 03, 2022 - 01:56 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14137

Hey everyone, hope all is well. Been a while since I last posted. My wife and I welcomed an addition to our family last year and it's been all about focusing on our family.

With that said, I wanted to share some adventures I had last season with you all.

Will start off with my biggest Muskie as it was a grind to catch her and on top of that it was freezing cold and pouring rain.

My friend Drew and I went out for a hunt and we started second guessing our choice as the elweathe weather was horrible. But, the day started well and continued to go well for Drew as he boated 3 muskies and all 3 were caught on lures I let him use(go figure...lol).

As darkness approached, so did a torrential downpour. I looked at Drew and asked him if he was willing to stick it out and thank goodness he said yes. We then moved to a spot where we have encountered big muskies before.

Drew took a break to call his wife to let her know we were gonna stay out longer and during that phone call, I felt a massive thump. My rod bent over so drastically and I knew there was something huge on the line so I screamed out, " Drew, Drew get the net!!"

Now I'm so nervous fighting this fish and finally got her boatside and thankfully we got her netted. This girl was a beast and thank goodness she was hooked well. Also, she literally bent the split ring into an S or 8 shape.

We got her on the board and she measured in at 48inches. Now, that's not my longest musky but by far the fattest. It was a struggle to hold her up for a nice pic.

After a few snaps, I released her back and was shaking. What an unbelievable feeling it was.

I was so happy and thankful that we stuck it out in the pouring rain. Definitely a day out I will always cherish

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Mar 03, 2022 - 02:49 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Great fish, cool picture. Early evening and night are great times to fish for monster muskie. It is such a rush when your drag goes crazy in the dark and the calm water around the boat turns to white water. A muskie jumping clear of the surface of the lake in the moon light is an unbelievable sight.

PMEmail Poster
Flukes
Posted: Mar 03, 2022 - 04:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 15807

Congrats on a very nice fish and a new member to the family. Like you, a new member was also added to my family...a boy and I haven't fished since September I think - so long ago I can't remember. And no ice fishing this year so missing a ice season completely. But it's been really fun watching the kid develop and change almost daily.

PMEmail Poster
Chad
Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 03:20 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 13508

Nice solid beast!!

PMEmail Poster
reelingmachine
Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 10:36 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 5322

Congrats on the new member of your family!!!

Great story. Well done. I caught 3 Muskie last year after your blessing. Two were longer than 40" and your story did bring back those feelings how I was shaking after that.

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!