Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Ľ Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Salmon or Lakers in Huron Southampton, any info on the fishing there?
longfish
Posted: Aug 28, 2018 - 07:38 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10648

I am headed up to the Port Elgin Southampton area for a conference and decided to take the boat with me and do some fishing.....not looking for your spots just info on what works in that area......spoons ....plugs.....speed....thank you in advance....will be there for a week.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
woodie54
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 - 07:28 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 503

Salmon are around the river mouth area in Southampton, still fish out from Port Elgin, also by Bruce Power. Lakers and bows anywhere, browns are possible as well. Donít be surprised if you get some walleye too. Use whatever bait you normally use, spoons are good but so are other options. Shoot for 2.5-3 MPH trolling speed.

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 - 08:13 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (woodie54 @ Aug 29, 2018 - 07:28 am)
Salmon are around the river mouth area in Southampton, still fish out from Port Elgin, also by Bruce Power. Lakers and bows anywhere, browns are possible as well. Donít be surprised if you get some walleye too. Use whatever bait you normally use, spoons are good but so are other options. Shoot for 2.5-3 MPH trolling speed.

Thanks Woodie......much appreciated.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Toolman13
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 08:50 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 6735

I'm heading up there tomorrow after work and will be downrigger for the first time out of Port Elgin this year. Going from other years, I will go straight out from Port Elgin past the last buoy ( called Logies) and start in about 80 feet of water. Flutter spoons, NK's, Pro Kings, Silver Fox's, Stinger, etc.
Then either run down towards the power plant or up towards Chantry island.
2 two riggers with sliders and 2 dipsy rods. Mix up the depth's till you connect.
2.6-3.0mph usually seems to work.
Good luck!

PMEmail Poster
Fochy
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 09:43 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13370

200 feet with riggers I found green watermelon soon worked well

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 05:41 pm

Trophy Trout

Thanks everyone.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
steelheader
Posted: Sep 03, 2018 - 11:49 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

Check your wind forecasts , That body of water is no place for a tinnie on most days , maybe try close to river mouth on calm mornings ..

Our best in Huron has been the black/purple color combo in spoons and body baits ..

Good Luck ..

Dave

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace