Fishing Forum
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lemonade out of lemons
sniperlee
Posted: Oct 04, 2018 - 11:14 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 939

So i hit the river this morning grudgingly. I didn't go to bed until 330 and the alarm was set for 545. When the alarm went off i awoke to the sound of rain and contemplated rolling over and going back to sleep but noooo. I figured it cant be that bad as it had only been raining for a couple hrs max. As it wasn't raining when i went to bed.
40 min drive later i arrive at the river. Lemon! Rivers blown! Visibility was 2" max. What to do? 401 westbound was a zoo no way i was driving home in that. I dont have any experience fishing dirty water so my confidence was shot and my day. I fished a pool i knew well just to kill some time waitin for traffic to die down. Nothin. After an hr i decided to pack it up.
However before i left i noticed a bobber in the log jam. I crossed the river climbed up the bank then down to the log jam. 4 bobbers and a jar of plastic baits later i had my lemonade.
Actually I've done this a few times. When the fishings slow the scavenging begins. Ive amassed enough bobbers to last me a long long time as long as i supplement with periodic scavenging.
Anybody else do this or am i that cheap?

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
VBB
Posted: Oct 04, 2018 - 11:42 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9650

Everytime i am on the river I always come back with something. Floats, flies, i purposely look for webs of fishing line and put it all in a bag and go through it at home. Hooks, sinkers, swivels, beads you name it. I get something out ofnit and clean up the river banks at the same time. If hooks are rusty soak in wd40 overnight and polish off next day. Have a long handle net with me which i rarely use for fish but it spends a lot of time on top of branches lol. Its part of the fun for me while river fishing and if I get skunked at least i got something out of it as well.

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Oct 04, 2018 - 11:44 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10908

My scavenger hunts have been epic at times. Not sure if I will ever buy beads again with the amount I have found. Floats I now pick what I want and give away the rest I have amassed that many.

PMEmail Poster
Elrik
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 07:44 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 5165

My wife and I were out on the pigeon river near the dam at omemee, must have cleaned up six or more large floats in a 5-10 minute span that I assume people lost casting big minnows for walleye.

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: Oct 05, 2018 - 10:07 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 8485

Used to do it religiously in October at thornbusy.... im mean tanglebury.... sorry thornbury i think its called

PMEmail Poster
troutchaser
Posted: Oct 06, 2018 - 09:06 pm

Fry

Member No.: 8870

Lately I've been spending the slower days collecting trash along the banks. Always come back with at least one bag full. Sadly there never seems to be a shortage of trash to pick up.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace