Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 40+ lost😩
Chad
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 - 09:46 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13508

Lost a nice one at the net. Not the first botched net job of mine.🙄. Had to settle with this little fella.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Collingwood Dean
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 05:31 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9535

Happens to the best of us!

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 03:07 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

That sucks but you still have a beauty....I think a lot of us have had that problem or another

PMEmail Poster
ilyukha
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 - 04:00 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 12665

Chad, I know exactly how you feel, cause I lost two nice ones on Tuesday.

This is part of the game - we can't always win but with every lost one we get better.

One ski spitted out the lure on the jump and another one in the water just under the surface so the plug went flying. Both of them were +\- 40", but I still was able to get this one (see pic below). Buddy was fishing for eyes but caught two smaller skis on 5" jerkbaits. All fish sucessfully released.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
doubleblue44
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 06:17 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11477

chad - thats a bummer dude, I am going to make you feel better.... yesterday fishing Balsam I lost a trophy, 4 years ago I lost a 7lber plus smallie at the net - my fault - yesterday was redemption day (or was supposed to be)... at the end of the day I cast a white spinner over heavy cover, massive hit - must be a musky, the biggest smallie I have ever seen jumped - might have been 8lbs, I shite myself right there, hooks stayed in, he jumps again and the hooks stayed in, I am totally dialed in and reeling hard, thinking about the net - she was 15 feet from the boat - sees the boat, bolts the other way with power I didnt know existed - I muscled her too hard the other way and I reeled in weeds..... my 10lb flouro held up too - but as you can see my spinner bait was destroyed - I should have played her much easier... trust me I have gone over this fight 1000 times! anyways, I hope this helps.....

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Attila
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 06:54 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11988

On the upside Chad, that is one nicely coloured musky.

We could write a book about all the ones we've lost over the years..

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 10:35 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

Nice fish. We all get those days.

PMEmail Poster
MikeyLovesMuskies
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 12:51 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 14137

You just gotta keep your head up and keep on fishing. I lost a 40" on Pigeon two weeks ago and a mid 30 last Sunday on a different lake.

One thing, is that you get to learn from these mistakes. It's tough to handle at that particular moment but at least you'll have another chance to right a wrong.

Good luck bro and hope to see you smiling with a 40"+ Musky in your next post

PMEmail Poster
Chad
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 07:10 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13508

QUOTE (MikeyLovesMuskies @ Jul 13, 2018 - 12:51 pm)
You just gotta keep your head up and keep on fishing. I lost a 40" on Pigeon two weeks ago and a mid 30 last Sunday on a different lake.

One thing, is that you get to learn from these mistakes. It's tough to handle at that particular moment  but at least you'll have another chance to right a wrong.

Good luck bro and hope to see you smiling with a 40"+ Musky in your next post

: Thanks.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace