Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2 3 > »»   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> For Those Who Use Flashers, Age of people using flashers

For those that use a flasher, how old are you?
10-20 [ 8 ]  [3.38%]
21-30 [ 33 ]  [13.92%]
31-40 [ 60 ]  [25.32%]
41-50 [ 58 ]  [24.47%]
50+ [ 78 ]  [32.91%]
Total Votes: 237
Guests cannot vote 
fishfinder88
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 01:54 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4893

just wondering the age of the avg flashers users, most people i know that use them are older

PMEmail Poster
happyhooker
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 07:05 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 398

I am 71 never used a flasher but when I was younger I did a bit girls loved it

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 08:37 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

could be us older folk just have more disposable income.

PMEmail Poster
onlyjumbos
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 08:47 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 1092

I really don't think that I could catch a fish without my flasher

PMEmail Poster
fishfinder88
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 09:17 am

Parr Trout

my main question is....that i've seen a lot of people swear by flashers and say they will never use a graph ...but all lowrance machines have both..so why not just buy lowrance fishfinders, which are therefore more efficient and most of the time cheaper? Also this is coming from someone who has only used a flasher a couple of times ...but i still found no difference from flasher setting on a lowrance

thanks for your input

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 09:18 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (happyhooker @ Jan 07, 2014 - 06:05 am)
I am 71 never used a flasher but when I was younger I did a bit girls loved it

I knew a flasher who was going to retire but thought he'd stick it out 1 more year!!

PMEmail Poster
corey
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 09:24 am

Fry

Member No.: 5248

You should have stated flasher vs graph vs nothing in the original post. I run an x67 in graph mode but my assumption for the poll was electronics vs no electronics.

PMEmail Poster
fishfinder88
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 10:03 am

Parr Trout

no big deal...i wanted to know if the majority of people that used flashers were "old timers" stubborn in their ways to change over to the more technical video game mode (graph)... i just have a hard time taking people seriously when they say flashers are sooo much better and they can't catch fish without it...and will pay more for a flasher only unit when a lowrance fishfinder is cheaper and has both flasher and graph mode....doesn't make sense to me

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 10:16 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

QUOTE (fishfinder88 @ Jan 07, 2014 - 09:17 am)
my main question is....that i've seen a lot of people swear by flashers and say they will never use a graph ...but all lowrance machines have both..so why not just buy lowrance fishfinders, which are therefore more efficient and most of the time cheaper? Also this is coming from someone who has only used a flasher a couple of times ...but i still found no difference from flasher setting on a lowrance

thanks for your input

Assuming you are not a Lowrance rep and out for a troll. Grew up in the evolving techno revolution. So have added technology as it became available and improved. Loran too GPS for example. At this point if I had too buy my first unit it would have GPS, Graph and flasher capability. In the spring when I fish for whitefish have found that the Vex produces a more detailed description of what's occurring right under my rod tip, however the graph got me to the drop off while the GPS returned me to previous hotspots.

PMEmail Poster
Ssaaacckk
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 10:24 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2199

I cant stand staring at a flasher. I find them very annoying! I would never use one but that is just my preference.

PMEmail Poster
corey
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 10:31 am

Fry

Member No.: 5248

I prefer the graph personally as it leaves some history on the screen for the time it takes to scroll it over. With that said I have no problems with a flasher as well. If the water is clear and I can use a combination of my camera and my graph I am in heaven. See realtime on the bottom and still have a complete view of the water column under me.

PMEmail Poster
mr.e
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 12:24 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 892

Thanks for bringing back memories Going downstairs to see if I can locate my first flasher , a Heath Kit assemble yourself unit in a green box. Blow off the dust, hook up some batteries and see if it still works! Hopefully the Mrs. didn't do major house cleaning and throw it out as junk! I t was simple and effective in its day. Any of you guys still have those old Lowrance Green Boxes?

PMEmail Poster
FSHN FRK
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 01:56 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 952

I have an old FL8 Vex, and I love it! It's simple. I can read it well and can tell what the bottom is like, weeds, rock, ect. That being said I'm not opposed to graphs. I just use what I have.
Cheers!

PMEmail Poster
Tailfin
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 03:48 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 100

My first was a Lowrance bluewater (I think) at the time it was all I could afford. Still have it around somewhere. When I reached the age.......... I switched to a Graph because I liked that I could see what was happening (with the flasher if you looked away for a second you missed it). I don't think one is better than the other, they both do the job for you (like Ford or Chevy) you use what you like.
Patrick

PMEmail Poster
Elk hunter
Posted on Jan 07, 2014 - 10:33 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2142

I am surprised with the number of 10-20 year Olds. I thought there would be more than 5. I'm one of those votes at age 19. I would never fish with out my flasher. W

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3 > »»  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!