Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Life Vest & PFD for summer time
Berger
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 09:08 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9805

Hi Guys,

This is about safety and confort on water.
I have a PFD but I want to buy a jacket that is a PFD as well.
I do have one for winter that is way too warm for summer.
Do you know any jacket that it is a life west as well and can be used duringt the summer time withou getin too hot in it?
I don't want to use the one with the string (needs to be triggered), it has to float in any condition with no trigger.
It has to be a pfd/life west and confortable jacket.

Thank you in advance for any information.

PMEmail Poster
Tailfin
Posted: May 28, 2018 - 08:24 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 100

google it, there are some very nice PFD/fishing vests you may want to look at.

PMEmail Poster
Grandpa Jim
Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:30 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 5550

For summer use, you might consider the suspender type PFD's which are extremely comfortable and should not be overly warm on the hot windless, dog days of summer. Several manufacturers produce the suspender type PFDs which come in manual (you must pull the cord) and automatic inflation types which inflate on contact with the water. Most of these meet the MOT requirements for a PFD when they are being worn and properly positioned on a boater.
I am doubtful that you will find a jacket or vest that wouldn`t be somewhat too warm on many of our summer days to be worn constantly.
I have two suspender type PFD`s which are made by Mustang and I`m pleased with both. I also keep a number of standard vest type PFD`s which are kept readily accessible in order to meet the safety regulations requirements at times when the suspender PFD`s are not being worn. Mustang makes an excellent product as do a number of other companies.
BTW, actual life jackets aren`t common with recreational boaters due to the weight and lack of comfort when being worn.

PMEmail Poster
Berger
Posted: May 29, 2018 - 09:11 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 9805

Thank you Jim.
I think you answered all my questions.
Thank you!

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: May 29, 2018 - 11:50 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10053

I Use this one and its pretty comfy on the water.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: May 30, 2018 - 09:45 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 15901

I have ones quite similar to the one pictured above. They are comfy and can wear all summer. Might get a little warm but not bad. Better than not wearing one for sure.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: May 30, 2018 - 12:20 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 50

Let's face it: When your life is on the line, it does not no matter no more if you wear a life jacket/vest, and feel heat/hot, or no feel no heat no hot:-) Me wear one similar to the one shown on the pic above AT ALL TIMES while me on water period

(As a matter of fact, to this day and age me no understand why the law does not make no requirement/mandatory for one to wear this PDF/life jacket/vest ANY TIME & AT ALL TIMES when s/he is on water. Anyone knows why?)

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Ice
Posted: May 30, 2018 - 03:28 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

I use the same type as kingphoenix very good, gets a little warm but remember safety first.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 30, 2018 - 06:25 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (xiaolu @ May 30, 2018 - 12:20 pm)
Let's face it: When your life is on the line, it does not no matter no more if you wear a life jacket/vest, and feel heat/hot, or no feel no heat no hot:-) Me wear one similar to the one shown on the pic above AT ALL TIMES while me on water period

(As a matter of fact, to this day and age me no understand why the law does not make no requirement/mandatory for one to wear this PDF/life jacket/vest ANY TIME & AT ALL TIMES when s/he is on water. Anyone knows why?)

will take a crazy stab at it.

looks kind of stupid wearing a pfd at an evening dinner on a cruise ship

so, do not mention the Titanic

Too complex to come up with another law for eg.......what watercraft size? how big/small

same logic would apply to ice fishing........mandatory flotation coats?, but what if I am sitting in an ice bungalow

I would agree with you that any yak/canoe and tinner of 12 feet tho

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace