» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Five Star Fishing, Formally Rob Hyatt
chazD
Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 07:26 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11172

Thanks for the report Kerry. Looks like you boys had a great time, cant wait to get up there on Feb 9th.Hope you're feeling better

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 08:12 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

Fantastic report Chevy. Thank-you!

Looks like a great time

All pics fixed and fried.. lol

Good eats there and good times...

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 08:39 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9952

Nice report, looks like a great time. But I gotta wonder, why is it that all the walleye seem to grow to 17.5” then stop growing. You’d think with all the reports of thousands of “just under the slot” fish caught the last few years, that this year there’d be tons of fish just in the slot size. Makes ya wonder what the heck is going on out there.

PMEmail Poster
rayray89
Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 09:39 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 6253

Looks like an amazing trip Chev!

Them there perch look like good eating

PMEmail Poster
wendel1958
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 12:43 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12592

it's almost like when they get to around the 18 inch's size they disappear WOW , ya ya it's been talked about and its like beating a dead horse, buy people, I like pickerel and want to caught some I can keep and again ya ya perch are plentiful, and if that's the case maybe the gill netters can change there gill net size to caught them .And yes I have read the reports of the many fish ( that we can't keep) Being down south its a fair cost to do a weekend of ice fishing on the Nip. and all of my buddies have passed on any offer I have put to them to do a trip like we had done for many years in a row . Wendel

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 09:37 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Thanks for the report and pictures Chevy.
Glad you and the boys got some action and a fish fry.
Cheers Dave.

PMEmail Poster
Skunked Again
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 11:05 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 2859

Hey Chevy,

Sorry to hear you’ve been so sick. Hope it didn’t spoil your fun up there. Great report and glad to hear the bite was on for you guys!

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 02:54 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3521

Thanks for the report! That 1st elusive keeper feels gooood, don't it? Did they have you by the channel or further west?

Still trying' to get there this year. Called Nick a couple tiimes for availability and Just can't seem to make it work... fingers crossed.

They're great guys and I think they handled the acquisition well, but I can't figure out the name change. They kept Rob's name with the new website, but when you show up everything is "5 Star Fishing".

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 04:00 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Thanks for everything guys. Gawd dang this affliction is hanging in there.
Another trip in the books for me and a few others on here. Count down begins again eh.
I know a few of you boys have upcoming trips, good luck and tight lines.

Cheers
Kerry.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 04:01 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Northhunter @ Feb 01, 2020 - 02:54 pm)
Thanks for the report! That 1st elusive keeper feels gooood, don't it? Did they have you by the channel or further west?

Still trying' to get there this year. Called Nick a couple tiimes for availability and Just can't seem to make it work... fingers crossed.

They're great guys and I think they handled the acquisition well, but I can't figure out the name change. They kept Rob's name with the new website, but when you show up everything is "5 Star Fishing".

We were out further west. Nick and the boys had us on fresh holes.
Hopefully you can get a date and head up

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Feb 01, 2020 - 04:05 pm

World Record Trout

QUOTE (Longshank @ Jan 31, 2020 - 04:17 pm)
Looks like you had a stellar trip Chevy and judging by your eyeballs, there were no

shortages of medicinal beverages

Very happy that you had a great time and I hear you about going back. I got some upcoming surgery this Monday and if all goes well and I recover quick enough

I AM going back

Ya, those medical beers have a way of sneaking up on a fella.
Hope all is well my friend and things go well on Monday.
Another trip would be just what the doctor ordered

Cheers
Kerry

PMEmail Poster
glfpro
Posted: Feb 02, 2020 - 08:28 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3723

Northhunter, If you acquired a successful business, would you change the name of it right away? or would you keep the name and slowly change your branding, letting the customer base know that everything is in good hands moving forward and this is what the new brand will be?

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Feb 02, 2020 - 09:17 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3521

Glfpro - maybe something stating "Formerly Rob Hyatt's...." on the website would clear any confusion and save them making another name change further down the road? I dunno.. I'm not being critical as they are "doing it right" in terms of the bungalow operation and that's the most important thing IMO. Just my observations as a repeat customer.

Robhyattoutdoors is still operational, as he only gave up the ice fishing. He still has the lake house and does charters in the summer. So another website stating nothing of the takeover, but also called "Rob's Fishing Charters" could be a little confusing to some, no?

I found out about the change of hands on here. I picked Nick's brain a little over the phone, then we booked and fished with them. That was our litmus test to see if "everything is in good hands". Not the name.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 03, 2020 - 01:27 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4328

Great report Chevy. Good times all around. Man I need some medical beverages every once in a while.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!