Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> jaw jacker
grampa d
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 09:29 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17079

anyone one using them n if they had much luck . i noticed kokemachine using one in his video . i tried one on the weekend n fish were lookers not biters

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 - 12:40 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

You know I have had the Jaw Jacker for my second season now and I haven't caught that many fish on it. I have yet to perfect the tension settings on the trigger. Before I bought the Jaw Jacker I used wire to rig up a similar DIY design. It seemed like I caught a lot more fish on that homemade gizmo. I also find that the Jaw Jacker is prone to icing up. I also purchased a similar gizmo called the trigger this year. I haven't used it too much though.

PMEmail Poster
Simcoe Said
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 - 05:39 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11638

PMEmail Poster
ice_addict
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 - 11:55 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2648

Thanks for the laugh. Great video

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 - 08:55 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 14767

I use the trigger, it's very sensitive so place a stinger hook on the minnow if the bit is light. For splake we use pinheads with small hooks and that seems to work well.

PMEmail Poster
Isaac Enns
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 - 05:04 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 10209

Iíve had mine for two seasons now worked great, but I did have issues with it icing up so I bought a lubricant meant for ice rods an other contraptions like these an it helped a lot, definitely worth the purchase

PMEmail Poster
AlexK
Posted: Mar 11, 2019 - 12:07 am

Alevin

Member No.: 16809

I got one this season and have been happy with it so far. Have caught lakers, whitefish, pike, splake, and even smelt with it so far. The trigger is very sensitive if you loosen it all the way. Small treble hook, split shot, and minnow was doing the trick.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace