Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anybody try Salmon Roe?
FishCrazyT
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 - 12:53 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7751

Hey all,
Was just wondering if anybody has ever tried using roe on lady Nip? Going next weekend and have a bunch of sacks tied from fall steelheading and was thinking of giving it a try. Maybe thatís the key to cracking that 18.1Ē mark!!!
Anyways, just seeing if anyone has ever tried. I think Iím gonna bring a few up and give them a shot under a tipup!
Tight lines all!

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 - 04:57 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4328

I have used single eggs for perch. They work well.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 - 05:35 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Good luck to you and your crew up there next week FishCrazy, give us report when you get back.

Tight lines🎣

Safe travels

PMEmail Poster
FishCrazyT
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 - 09:46 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (FatRap @ Feb 23, 2019 - 05:35 pm)
Good luck to you and your crew up there next week FishCrazy, give us report when you get back.

Tight lines🎣

Safe travels

Thanks FatRap! I will be sure to report back about how we do! We are planning for a fry so letís hope we get into a bunch of perch! Regardless, we always have fun and have a back up plan of hamburgers and fries!

PMEmail Poster
oogie8
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 - 02:13 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8485

Might get a surprise whitie on your roe bags, but I wouldnít count on walleye

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 - 08:20 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3521

I used to drop shot a live minnow with a single egg above that when fishing splake. The minnow swimming would give movement to the egg. Sometimes they took the minnow, sometimes the egg. If I was to try it on Nip I'd try that.. larger shiner for 'eyes and and an egg or small sac for perch.. or try a larger sac just to see if any 'eyes take it. If all they hit is the minnow you know it will outfish the roe.

PMEmail Poster
FishCrazyT
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 - 01:15 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (Northhunter @ Feb 25, 2019 - 08:20 pm)
I used to drop shot a live minnow with a single egg above that when fishing splake. The minnow swimming would give movement to the egg. Sometimes they took the minnow, sometimes the egg. If I was to try it on Nip I'd try that.. larger shiner for 'eyes and and an egg or small sac for perch.. or try a larger sac just to see if any 'eyes take it. If all they hit is the minnow you know it will outfish the roe.

Thatís a good setup, Iím gonna have to try that for sure. Just to see. Thanks for the tip

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace