Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> March 1st Weekend, Weekend Getaway
diggity_dunks
Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 05:02 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10399

I think you guys are right about the fishing tales.

We were up this weekend from Friday - Sunday. Fishing was really odd. Marked a tonne of fish and lots of marks were chasing, but not biting. We ended up with 33 fish landed for the 3 days, which we're certainly not complaining about. We had 4 walleye, 6 nice perch, and the rest were all white fish! I've never seen so many whitefish. They were really aggressive, which was a lot of fun. Good luck to anyone headed out for the last few weeks.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 05:11 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4441

Herring?

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 05:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (ldub @ Mar 05, 2019 - 05:11 pm)
Herring?

X2

PMEmail Poster
diggity_dunks
Posted: Mar 05, 2019 - 07:35 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10399

Yep, my mistake. Herring. Anyone eat them? Smoked maybe?

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 09:48 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (diggity_dunks @ Mar 05, 2019 - 07:02 pm)
I think you guys are right about the fishing tales.

We were up this weekend from Friday - Sunday. Fishing was really odd. Marked a tonne of fish and lots of marks were chasing, but not biting. We ended up with 33 fish landed for the 3 days, which we're certainly not complaining about. We had 4 walleye, 6 nice perch, and the rest were all white fish! I've never seen so many whitefish. They were really aggressive, which was a lot of fun. Good luck to anyone headed out for the last few weeks.

Thanks for the update, sounds like you guys had a good time up there. We were up in early January and found it to be the same way, lots of fish marked and chasing but very few committing all day and come around evening bite time nothing, no fish being marked for the rest of the night. It has been a strange year for sure. We hooked into more cisco this year than normal as well, at least the good times are always guaranteed

PMEmail Poster
Woodsman
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 10:39 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 477

QUOTE (diggity_dunks @ Mar 05, 2019 - 07:35 pm)

Some smoke them and some pickle them.
Years ago I caught a few on Nipissing and cleaned them only to find the flesh was full of worms. Didn't try eating them.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 11:02 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (Woodsman @ Mar 06, 2019 - 10:39 am)
QUOTE (diggity_dunks @ Mar 05, 2019 - 07:35 pm)

Some smoke them and some pickle them.
Years ago I caught a few on Nipissing and cleaned them only to find the flesh was full of worms. Didn't try eating them.

x2 on that, same experience withherring.

now if they would have been whitefish, would have kept a few for sure

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Northhunter
Posted: Mar 06, 2019 - 11:26 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 3521

QUOTE (CousinHippy @ Mar 05, 2019 - 12:06 pm)
QUOTE (diggity_dunks @ Feb 28, 2019 - 08:14 pm)
I'm headed up this weekend as well.  Operator said fishing was great last weekend, so fingers crossed it stays that way.  Hope you guys have a blast. Tight lines

I am pretty sure that's the standard fish hut operators mantra... I have been told that by every operator I have ever used... I think some even answer the phone with a "You should have been here last weekend" Glad you guys had a good time and at least caught some fish and had good service!

Rob Hyatt was good. If you asked him straight up he'd give you a straight answer. I know because it wasn't always good lol
Scott from Glen Echo seemed to be a straight shooter too, but both him and Rob gave it up.

I've been told twice by other operators that we were in the best/better hut. I believed one and not the other.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace