Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Quinte Ice Hut Rental - help needed
doubleblue44
Posted: Feb 04, 2023 - 09:46 am

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11477

team - my rental for Sunday was cancelled - anyone know a good rental in the Quinte area? Already paid for hotel...... shite

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 04, 2023 - 10:37 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (doubleblue44 @ Feb 04, 2023 - 09:46 am)
team - my rental for Sunday was cancelled - anyone know a good rental in the Quinte area? Already paid for hotel...... shite

We booked a operator out that way, 2 guys. They called and said they had a family emergency and canceled us the night before, no emergency. They canceled us for a group of 4.. some shady operators out there, some..

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Feb 04, 2023 - 11:10 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Feb 04, 2023 - 10:37 am)
team - my rental for Sunday was cancelled - anyone know a good rental in the Quinte area?  Already paid for hotel...... shite

We booked a operator out that way, 2 guys. They called and said they had a family emergency and canceled us the night before, no emergency. They canceled us for a group of 4.. some shady operators out there, some..

I've had that experience there once before and just haven't bothered going back

really bad move imo

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
fishmagnet
Posted: Feb 04, 2023 - 11:19 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

QUOTE (Longshank @ Feb 04, 2023 - 11:10 am)
QUOTE (fishmagnet @ Feb 04, 2023 - 10:37 am)
team - my rental for Sunday was cancelled - anyone know a good rental in the Quinte area?  Already paid for hotel...... shite

I've had that experience there once before and just haven't bothered going back

really bad move imo

Unfortunately I've heard this from other folks as well.

PMEmail Poster
jiggin4gold
Posted: Feb 05, 2023 - 07:57 pm

Fry

Member No.: 7921

Brutal! Man there is a new “guiding service” every day it seems on the BOQ. Too bad man. Because I this seems to be a common theme . Do you have your own gear and a spud ? I can point you to a few popular ice access points but I don’t know what guides are even reputable up there anymore. Those days are gone unfortunately

PMEmail Poster
doubleblue44
Posted: Feb 07, 2023 - 08:33 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 11477

wow - didnt know there was so many horror stories! Used to Simcoe where it has been safe as houses to book a hut. Thanks for the suggestions - I did hook up with https://stillwaterbasin.wixsite.com/stillwaterbasin who took care of me, buddy there seemed pretty p##### off that another operator cancelled last min. setup was good - wally's were not on - but stil a good day!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!