Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Detroit River Walleye
Fishing Junk
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 03:54 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17721

I'm going to be in Windsor over Easter weekend (April 8-10), wondering if anyone has any insight on the Detroit River walleye run. My questions are:
1) Will the run have started then?
2) Any thoughts on bait / presentation? I will be fishing from shore, most of what I have read suggests jigging on a boat, which I will not have access to. I am wondering if I set up a drop shot with a heavy sinker and live minnow if that could work =, or is jigging plastics definitely the way to go?
3) If live minnows could be a go, anyone know of any bait shops? Will be coming in from East Windsor / Tecumseth area,
Thanks in advance for any input!

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 08:40 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 15901

I would think that the walleye should be in there be that time. I'm not a shore fishermen so not sure about the timing there but would think it should be on then. Casting a jig with a plastic finnes minnow in white should to you well. Not sure where you can get minnows but I know there is a bait shop around there someplace as people get minnows locally. I know guys that get limits from shore all the time. I will be one of the boats out there jigging at that time in April. The last 2 years I started about the 10th of April and there are always people getting them before I get out there.

PMEmail Poster
jeepwrangler76
Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 11:34 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8660

Check out buck fishes on YouTube it should help you with bait and presentation

This post has been edited by jeepwrangler76 on Mar 18, 2023 - 11:35 am

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Berkley Power Bait Panfish Nibbles

Cordell Wally Diver Triple Threat

Piscifun Ultralight Spinning Reel

Magic Bait Crappie Bites

Mr Crappie Slab Daddy

Crappie Magnet White/Chart

Power Pro Braided Fishing Line

Custom 3D Fishing T- Shirts

Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G3
Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!