Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fishing Blind River, Salmon fishing
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 06:11 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 14767

Greetings folks, first off... I have never fished for salmon in Georgian Bay or any other great lake. However, I just purchased a new used boat and my friends and I would like to plan a fishing trip to blind river.

I understand the salmon fishing is best around end of Aug beginning of Sept in the Mississauga river area.

I contacted two motels in the area and they could not provide me with any fishing information so... I'm looking for help.

1. When is the best time to fish for salmon in Georgian Bay before they start their run.

2. Do we need down riggers?

3. Any recommendations on motels (to stay or stay away from).

Hope to hear from someone who has fished that area.

Cheers.

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 06:51 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11890

I can't help you with the salmon fishing as I've never even tried to catch one. But I was just in the Blind River area a month or so ago and stayed in a very nice resort. Lake Lauzon Resort is right on the Trans Canada about 10 minutes from the town of Blind River and has a variety of cottages for your group. I believe they cottages sleep from 1 to 6 people (one is a 2 bedroom). I don't know how many are in the group, but they even have a houseboat tied to the dock that you could rent. The owners are very nice people and will do their best to make your stay enjoyable. There's also a launch just across the road to get into the main lake.
https://lakelauzonresort.com/

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 07:05 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

Looks like a nice place.

PM
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 - 06:53 am

Lunker Trout

Thanks for the info, I'll contact them and get some information on the best times for salmon and cost of a cabin.

Cheers

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 - 09:11 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10908

Try calling tackle shops in the area for fishing information. Itís in their best interest to give you the best information as they are there to get in your business.

I do fish salmon in Georgian Bay and Lake Ontario but not in the area youíre inquiring about it.

My suggestion after speaking to the tackle shops is to try Dipsy divers or jet divers as you donít have riggers.

PMEmail Poster
newf-dog
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 - 05:35 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9526

I know that area very well. That time of year the pinks would be in or very close to running up the missisaugi River. The kings would be staged also at the mouth of the Lauzon creek. You don't generally see people fishing for them at the river mouths but they are there. It's shallow so I wouldn't bother with riggers. If your after kings salmon I'd just do the drive to garden river near the Sault and fish but you will need riggers there. Lots of hotels in Blind river but Lauzon might be a nicer stay for fishing.

Any further questions I'd be happy to help.

PMEmail Poster
Backroadsfishing
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 - 05:27 pm

Lunker Trout

Thank you for the info. Looks like we have six guys and three boats and most likely the first week of september. Suggestions on lures would be much appreciated.

PMEmail Poster
newf-dog
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 - 08:20 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9526

For the kings that time of year we use J-plugs or colourful spoons. For the pinks we use blue cleo's.

PMEmail Poster
steelheader
Posted: Aug 03, 2021 - 06:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 315

First week in Sept should be perfect for the kings

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!