Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Possibly the last time on my boat this year?, Rainbow slam!
jam1324
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 11:26 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16371

Decided to go out Saturday on the bay and see if we could get into any fish, the sun was shining and the waves were not bad. The wind has been all over the last few weeks so after looking over the previous days reports we picked a spot we thought should be loaded due to the weather conditions. We went out around lunch time to give it a go and see what we could find.

We got to our spot and my son got his line out first declaring first in gets the first fish to me. I was half way out when I put my thumb on my spool for a second to check if my lure was digging right and BAM fish nailed me, so much for him getting the first fish Was a nice little bow about 3 pounds maybe perfect eater. Soon as I get my line back in the water BAM another fish, handed my son my rod as I like to go make sure we all get to catch at least one its no fun when someone is reeling them in one after another and the other person is getting nothing. Let my line out again and BAM another fish! We had been out fishing for about 15 minutes at this point and got three on the boat already what an amazing day! My son decides he needs to change his lure as mine seems to have all the magic today and then before he can pick up his rod BAM he has a fish on. We let that one go, our limit is 4, we do not like to fish after we catch our limit incase we land one and they are in bad shape and this one looked like she was great to release no signs of fatigue or bleeding.

The sun dipped behind the clouds and the bite turns off for about 30 minutes, normally we are lucky to even have a fish in the boat the first hour and can't really complain but we start talking about what could of affected the bite, both our lures were silent baits and the water looks kind of stained from the vegetation die off. So we put a big noisy rattle stick bait on my sons rod thinking without the sun shining down super bright the fish might need some noise to help them see our baits. About 5 minutes later he got into another fish, this time a really big one about 30 inches who put up a heck of a fight. We let her go as once they get over 5 pounds or so I like to release them instead of keeping them so they can go on making more fish for us to catch later. Over the next 45 minutes or so we landed two more fish, the sun peaked for abit again and I got one more on my bait and my son got another larger one about 26 inches on his stick bait.

All in all we went 7 for 11 in under 3 hours, the sun felt amazing while it was shining, we have 4 bows in the freezer so we can have a nice fish dinner every couple of weeks until spring time and I don't think I could hope for a better day of fishing out on a boat in November.

Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

PMEmail Poster
VBB
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 12:08 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9650

That's awesome guys! Nice day filled with plenty of action spending with your little buddy. Cant get any better than that!

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 12:46 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 15901

that a great day for sure.

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 12:55 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

Jamie

Well done!

I knew i shouldn't have put the boat away.

Ralph

PMEmail Poster
reelingmachine
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 01:30 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 5322

Great fishing. Thank you for the report.

PM
ldub
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 04:12 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

Those are the days we dream of

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 05:37 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 9952

Nothing wrong at all with a day like that

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Nov 15, 2020 - 09:27 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Well done Jam and son......and a pleasant day to boot.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Nuclear
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 04:24 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 3419

Well done and having your son out with you even better nice looking fish

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 07:52 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Heck of a way to end the season

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jerkbaiter
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 09:08 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 12665

Amazing trip and pics !
Thanks for sharing .
Love the fish pics with the lure in the mouth

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 09:54 pm

Trophy Trout

Thanks for all the kind replies. I definitely don't regret leaving the boat out late this year, going to wait a bit longer and hope for a couple more warm days but I won't be to upset if we don't get them.

Hopefully we get a better spring start next year Ralph, one where the ramps are open at least!

PMEmail Poster
Collingwood Dean
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 06:03 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 9535

Love it!...sounds and looks like a great time!

PMEmail Poster
Krawler
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 01:00 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2268

Sweet outing!! Still hoping to get out one more time before the cold sets in

Are those J7 or J9's?

PMEmail Poster
jam1324
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 06:27 pm

Trophy Trout

Yes krawler, one is a J7 and one is a j9. Also a 3 3/4 jerk bait with rattles in a smelt colour was working good too. About 1.8 mph.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!