Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Parry Sound District bass bonanza
ahalls
Posted: Aug 29, 2018 - 09:56 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 2638

Here's another right off the bat -my first ever 6 pounder....

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 08:45 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

How oldwere you when that pic was taken???? AAAh, the memories, eh??

PMEmail Poster
ahalls
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 02:34 pm

Fry

Member No.: 2638

i was exactly 7 days younger than today...haha I will tell you all about it.....

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 08:21 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

As a follow-up report, or maybe just a footnote: M and I went to Birch on Sun and came back Wed. Fished Sun aft, Mon AM, rained in PM, and Tue. Maybe a bit fewer bass but we were into the double digits with mostly 2-3 lb bass. No pix---they look the same after a while. We had several double headers. Wacky rig Senkos caught the most, esp in watermelon color. I caught several on a pink Senko, the advantage being able to see the bait disappear or be moved around by the fish. I was sometimes using an ice rod in 'close quarters' near the lily pads. Trolling wasn't nearly as productive as tossing baits into shallow water near the edge of the pads. Lots of fun when one hits, sometimes on the surface before you have a chance to flip the bail.

On the neg side--I had at least 1 Palomar knot come undone with a fish on. I lost quite few in fairly short order on a Berkley bait hook that I had tied earlier in the day. I wonder about the quality but it did feel sharp

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 08:47 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

Beautiful bass and thanks for the awesome write up

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace