Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> No electronics
Kyfish
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 11:59 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17115

Hello all,

Came up to North Bay for school and am new to fishing Nipissing. Where Iím used to fishing isnít a large area so Iíve never really used any electronics.

Iím sure lots of you donít use electronics either so I was looking for peoplesí experiences fishing Nip without electronics, or any special things to know.

Thanks in advance

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 01:45 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Welcome aboard Kyfish. I would say fishing just off the bottom about a foot or two up would probably be your best bet without electronics. A simple single hook with a minnow with a split shot works well up there jigging or just dead sticking. Keep your minnows fresh.

Good luck

PMEmail Poster
mmorris
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 - 07:13 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

Electronics on the water/ice have become almost necessary for many fisherman nowadays. That said, you donít have to spend hundreds of dollars to get started. Iíve got a few electronic toys, but the single most important tool for me is the Navionics app on my phone when I go out on the ice. Iím sure a lot of guys would say the same, and it costs about $20. Check it out and learn a little about what you need to be looking for on the maps when youíre targeting a particular species. Good luck out there!

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 - 12:47 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

QUOTE (mmorris @ Feb 21, 2019 - 07:13 pm)
Electronics on the water/ice have become almost necessary for many fisherman nowadays. That said, you donít have to spend hundreds of dollars to get started. Iíve got a few electronic toys, but the single most important tool for me is the Navionics app on my phone when I go out on the ice. Iím sure a lot of guys would say the same, and it costs about $20. Check it out and learn a little about what you need to be looking for on the maps when youíre targeting a particular species. Good luck out there!

Yes, the Navionics app is super useful to get you to productive water. Great price too. I use it all the time.

PMEmail Poster
Kyfish
Posted: Feb 25, 2019 - 12:18 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17115

Thanks for the replies guys. Just downloaded Navionics and have started to look. Seems to be that the spots that look good seem to be the same places where the huts are. Weird coincidence. Weíll see what this week brings. Possibly a day on the lake

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace