Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lower French walleye/pickeral
bills25
Posted: Sep 22, 2018 - 07:59 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3367

I am going upto Hartley bay oct 8-12. I've been going there in the spring for years. Just curious what types of water and tips to look for walleye in the fall. I'm leaning toward looking for current and using minnows. First time bringing my own boat up so I will have a much better fish finder this time around so I'm confident I can find fish. The main question I have is what depths they tend to be at this year?

PMEmail Poster
Fossy47
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 - 12:53 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 9546

My brother and I have been launching at Hartley Bay for about 10 yrs while camping in the French River Prov Park. There is so much water to cover it is hard to know it well.

If you ask the Hartley Bay boys as they usually will give you some local and relevant pointers on where the action has been.
Minnows and fast water are always good places to start in the fall. Look for drop-offs 10-ft 15ft down to 30ft. On the down-slope you should see what you're looking for.

Good Luck and enjoy God's country.

Cheers,

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 01:48 am

Fry

Thanks dude I appreciate the insight. I'll be sure to post how I do when I get back!!!

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 01:49 am

Fry

Another quick question have you ever ran into salmon that far up in the fall?

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 - 02:04 am

Fry

Sorry for all the questions but another came to mind have you ever got into crappie in fall up that way. We ran into a nice school the one year in the spring all monsters 13-16in absolute slobs. Just curious I know up my way "buffalo ny" area they school up shallow in the fall pretty good. Just curious if that may be something worth trying. There's so many options up there in the French and just not enough time!!!

PMEmail Poster
kmart
Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 03:23 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16293

I've seen salmon in the French and Wahnapitae rivers

PMEmail Poster
bills25
Posted: Oct 03, 2018 - 10:30 pm

Fry

QUOTE (kmart @ Oct 03, 2018 - 03:23 pm)
I've seen salmon in the French and Wahnapitae rivers

Interesting maybe I'll get lucky and get one, should have a shot if I cast some spoons if they're there. Hoping maybe there will be somenat sturgeon chutes seems like a good area. I'm not going to be concentrating on them but if I run into a school I'll have to give it a shot. Can't wait for this trip it's like being a kid on chrstmas I've been dreaming about this trip every night. Only 4 more days and I'll be in the beautiful lower French river staying at Hartley bay!!!!!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace