Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Maitland River, Goderich up to bridge on 21
Jimmyspoons
Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 01:27 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 6522

Lots of rainbow swimming around, slow on the bite this morning. The river is really low under highway 21 bridge but lots of water down under the old rail bridge. It was raining this morning so we went throwing lures. I think a fly rod on a dry afternoon or early evening might be the ticket.

A lot of guys seem to be fishing off the steel wall or across the river and with the deeper water around the rail bridge there are a few dudes in kayaks. We need a lot of rain to get the river up.

Anyone else on the Maitland this morning? we picked up one.

PMEmail Poster
TROUTER54
Posted: Oct 27, 2018 - 01:56 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13934

I was there on Wednesday and saw only about six others fishing . We had no luck but a young guy down from us got a small one on roe. That was the only one we saw caught. I have never seen the area by#21 bridge so low and would agree we need a lot of rain . We were told the steel wall was off limits now by the park owners but I guess that's no longer true or guys just don't care and go in anyways . Hopefully the rain this week will help.

PMEmail Poster
dan66
Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 08:26 am

Fry

Member No.: 4141

the steel wall technically is off limits, as in order to get there you need to go through private property. most guys fishing there are from the trailer park. ( or should be ) if you walk through trailer park to get there odds are you will be reported and asked to leave. i have seen cops called.
unfortunately people littering and some of the thefts in the park have caused this. not saying its fisherman doing this just saying its unfortunate it had to come to this.
water is extremely low , and forecast of rain this weekend never amounted to much at all.

PMEmail Poster
muskybw
Posted: Nov 02, 2018 - 05:34 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16425

dan66--- i had a trailer on the maitland for 20 yrs., between benmiller & homesville. use to fish the steel wall in spring. there was an old guy called WOODY, he ran the show.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Paddy
Posted: Nov 05, 2018 - 03:23 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4885

Woody passed away a few years back.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!

Marketplace