Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 2018 Bass Pro Spr. classic, size it up for me!
wishin fishin
Posted: Feb 09, 2018 - 06:12 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 7314

humming bird helix 7 chirp si gps g2n w/ nav pkg. $849.00 us/$1064.99 can.
Its been this price since last summer and because its such a hot seller hummingbird opted out of the classic with this unit, so no triple crown bonus pts. and no free installation, so for me it doesn't work, I want one! (got me by the short hairs!) Cheaper for me to buy the product on line and have BP install it. But if you want a lowrance or a garmin - they offer the points and free install with these electronic brands.
Last year I purchased the terrova and got the pts. and free installation best sale then. This year I don't see the terrova listed (another hot seller)

So buyer beware if you want this unit too!

but pls post any good 2018 spring sells when you hear about them

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 09:40 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11714

The 2 Garmin units almost half off in the flyer are tempting I've been on the lookout for a second newer finder on the console for the last view months.

PMEmail Poster
wishin fishin
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 10:26 am

Adult Trout

...I like the toys and with the new technology it make it fun, interesting & easier!

if chirp is every bit useful as spot-lock - I'm in all day!!.

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 11:28 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

Do you have a link to the flyer?

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 12:00 pm

Parr Trout

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 02:23 pm

Lunker Trout

I take it those prices are in USD.

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 03:03 pm

Parr Trout

CAD

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Feb 10, 2018 - 03:26 pm

Lunker Trout

In that case the two echomaps are a good deal, but they are not going to be as shown. The ones pictured are echomap plus units with touch screen, if you read the description it says echomap, which is not a touch unit.

PMEmail Poster
wishin fishin
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 09:18 am

Adult Trout

yes its a great deal if your into garmin (free install x pts.). I never think of garmin when it comes to fishing units.

anybody out there happy with this unit?

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 05:18 pm

Parr Trout

Managed to get my order in the early hours before work. Mostly just stuff I forgot to get at
tackle warehouse to finish off what I needed. Anyone else always experience their site crashing all the time on the opening day of the classic sale? Last year was the same thing never did get my chronarch

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 06:04 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

Hey mephisto, hows tackle warehouse been for you? Iíve been meaning to give them a try but have heard there can be ridiculous extra charges when stuff crosses the border. Iíve ordered from a few places in the states before with no issues, just wondering how they are. They seem like the best place for prices on some things, and I could certainly ďdonateĒ a few bucks to them

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 06:53 pm

Parr Trout

I'd say typically they're prices are about 15% -20% cheaper than bass pro so in my mind when they do 20% off black friday it's more like 35% compared to bps, so when they had mustad, booyah, missile and strike king 30% off black friday things got crazy, Shipping is typically 30 usd but when you're buying booyah pad crasher for $3.50 usd or strike king plastics for $2.75, mustad hooks for 1.80 usd it doesn't take long to recover the $30 usd shipping. I've personally never bought more than 10 pounds of tackle, but I always spend at least $200 usd and it's never been more than like $31 for shipping.

I only buy on black friday and 25 days of Christmas because I really want to make the shipping cost worth my time and those are the only 2 sales worth my time .

I also always buy in bulk I never go to my local tackle shop and pay $8 -$12 cad for soft plastics id rather buy too much on sale than not enough. (just my mentality)

On an unrelated note revo rockets and revo premiers (older gen) were 129 usd and 149 usd very good prices for high end reels. BPS clearance bin and if you buy at bps I think you get a rebate form for an abu jersey. I bought a revo premier I own a 2nd gen and it's super smooth and I own a revo rocket great reel as well.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/abu-garcia-...r-baitcast-reel

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/abu-garcia-...aitcasting-reel

PMEmail Poster
Seguin Fisher
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 08:57 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9952

Awesome, thanks for the review on TW. I shop very similar to you, get bulk in stuff I know Iím going to use.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!

Marketplace