Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Northern Fish and Electronics, To search or sit
zvejnieks
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 - 06:16 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 10008

So I am finally using my Vexilar...Really exciting to see 3 or 4 red marks (trout or whitefish) following a jig.
Maybe I'm getting spoiled, but I seem to be searching for red signals and then sitting vs sitting and waiting for the fish to move in (having got the taste of red marks)....Literally moving in circles, looking for fish and spending less time with the jig in the water.
Hoping to get some advice....search or sit?
Thanks

PMEmail Poster
newf-dog
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 - 08:24 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 9526

I'm sure you will get alot of different answers but I'm gonna say search and sit. I used this technique in Quetico. As soon as my FF light up I'd drop the line down and instantly catch fish. This worked on bass pike pics and lakers. One varible would be the structure if the structure is small than sit and wait but large flats or shoals then search and sit is the best option IMO. The vibrado was my favourite lure for this technique. Good luck and good question

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace