» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: «« < 2 3 4 5   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> possession limits, do we all need licences
VBB
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 05:49 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9650

QUOTE (dickie @ Jan 20, 2021 - 05:37 pm)
QUOTE (Chet Ripley @ Jan 20, 2021 - 04:06 pm)
By the sounds of it, someone is going to be cooking up a couple dozen 17 inchers, and then asking whats a slot?, i have seen videos of dudes in Bungalows with the same mentality, and this is great justification as to why the slot limit on Nip is not such a bad idea. Could you imagine if the slot allowed you to keep a couple of those 16-17 inch fish that everyone in those bungalows catch all weekend? i am sure that some groups would be harvesting all weekend and cooking up the 30 or so they caught,

I am not suggesting that the majority would fall into that category, but this OP is a prime example of the mentality that could have an impact. It would only take few groups each weekend and with that many operators and that many Bungalows you could image the amount of harvest.

Justifying over harvesting based on the amount of time you spend on the lake is a selfish entitled mentality, and is the exact reason we have to be regulated, as this type of ignorance would be the death of many great fishery's. If everyone just took what they think they are entitled to could you imagine.

I hope the Feedback you recieved from the 20 replies helps you understand as to why people react that way to such a inquiry. 

Cheers
Have fun and be Safe

You have to remember that it is not only fishermen taking fish out of lake nipissing. There is also a commercial harvest coming out of this lake with greater numbers.

Man you are a glutton for punishment. Stop pointing fingers and worry about yourself. Learn the regs, abide by them and have fun.

PMEmail Poster
Donny135
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 05:58 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 17736

QUOTE (dickie @ Jan 19, 2021 - 09:15 pm)
Keep it up guys. All I can say is the little fish I take out of the lake in no way has any strain on the resource. If all you guys can say the same let me the first to congratulate you.

By some of the responses of you guys I doubt that is the case. So cool it.

Dude. People are getting pissy, because your asking questions that really sound like your trying to find loopholes in the rules. Then you get a straight answer (read and follow the rules) and some people even went into great detail to try and help you understand. And after that, you give passive-aggressive comments that maybe WE ARE breaking the rules. So once again, for your case, it is fairly simple. No matter how many people are in your household, you only have one licence, which means you can only have one possession limit, and you can not keep more than your daily catch limit even if you eat some than catch more. The daily limit is fish kept total that day.

People are generally very friendly on this forum, but this isn't just a sensitive topic, it's respecting our fisheries and resources. Plain and simple. If you're still genuinely unclear, call up the MNR and talk to them about it, they know it better than anyone.

PMEmail Poster
John 59
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 06:22 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 14992

QUOTE (Donny135 @ Jan 20, 2021 - 05:58 pm)
Keep it up guys. All I can say is the little fish I take out of the lake in no way has any strain on the resource. If all you guys can say the same let me the first to congratulate you.

Dude. People are getting pissy, because your asking questions that really sound like your trying to find loopholes in the rules. Then you get a straight answer (read and follow the rules) and some people even went into great detail to try and help you understand. And after that, you give passive-aggressive comments that maybe WE ARE breaking the rules. So once again, for your case, it is fairly simple. No matter how many people are in your household, you only have one licence, which means you can only have one possession limit, and you can not keep more than your daily catch limit even if you eat some than catch more. The daily limit is fish kept total that day.

People are generally very friendly on this forum, but this isn't just a sensitive topic, it's respecting our fisheries and resources. Plain and simple. If you're still genuinely unclear, call up the MNR and talk to them about it, they know it better than anyone.

X2

PMEmail Poster
dickie
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 06:50 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 124

I love you too

PMEmail Poster
Donny135
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 06:57 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 17736

QUOTE (dickie @ Jan 20, 2021 - 06:50 pm)

I love you too

Dude, all we're asking is to respect our fisheries. If you can't take and accept that respectfully you've lost all respect from me. Diehard anglers take this stuff seriously for a reason man.

PMEmail Poster
dickie
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 07:54 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 124

QUOTE (Donny135 @ Jan 20, 2021 - 06:57 pm)
QUOTE (dickie @ Jan 20, 2021 - 06:50 pm)

I love you too

Dude, all we're asking is to respect our fisheries. If you can't take and accept that respectfully you've lost all respect from me. Diehard anglers take this stuff seriously for a reason man.

I love you even more.

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 09:43 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 3521

QUOTE (Neil @ Jan 20, 2021 - 11:49 am)
Found this in the rules which should answer your question. I am not sure what would happen if a CO came into your neighbours house and found 30 perch in their freezer if they did not have a license though.

I am not sure if it applies to fish, as I've never been in a position to have to look it up... but I know with other game (ducks/geese) you can "gift" but those birds have to be tagged with the harvesters/license holders name.

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 09:49 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (HookMeUp @ Jan 20, 2021 - 01:26 pm)
Thanks Neil - the question now becomes what happens (can happen) to the neighbour if they continue to hoard the fish given to them so the eventually have 100+ fish in the freezer? Could even be innocent enough with neighbour who said he/family ate them so you continue to give them more. Can they be charged? Would it matter if they had a license or not? Otherwise I imagine the wheels are turning and someone looking to skirt the Regs would set up an arrangement where the neighbour ‘stores’ the fish to avoid his own possession limits.

Already happened on here once. We had a member (a local) who offered up use of her deep-freeze back when they changed the regs. Yeah... she doesn't post anymore

Can't remember it it was here or another forum, but there was also a poster who made a report. He went out, caught a limit, returned home... then went back out and caught another. The pics of his fish looked an awful lot like slot fish too, which he of course denied... but it was put online for all to see. The resulting posts were "not nice".

PMEmail Poster
Northhunter
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 09:50 pm

Adult Trout

QUOTE (dickie @ Jan 20, 2021 - 05:37 pm)

You have to remember that it is not only fishermen taking fish out of lake nipissing. There is also a commercial harvest coming out of this lake with greater numbers.

Heh, I was waiting for that LOL

PMEmail Poster
HUNTFISH17
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 - 10:33 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 7157

The fact you even posted this question to begin with is very interesting. You have made hundreds of posts offering advice and comments over the past several years while fishing Nipissing but yet don’t understand possession limits? Seems like trying to make a point or get something started you already know the answer too...

PMEmail Poster
The Spank
Posted: Apr 07, 2021 - 06:05 pm

Fry

Member No.: 6476

Actual fact....you need a license to fish not to possess fish. You can legally keep your limit and give it to someone and they can possess it without a license. You just cannot exceed the daily limit in doing so ….so if you want to gift your wife a limit of fish you legally can and you may then go catch your limit the following day(s). Between you both as long as neither exceeds the possession limit you are fine. It's the same with hunting.

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: Apr 07, 2021 - 07:15 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 589

QUOTE (The Spank @ Apr 07, 2021 - 06:05 pm)
Actual fact....you need a license to fish not to possess fish. You can legally keep your limit and give it to someone and they can possess it without a license. You just cannot exceed the daily limit in doing so ….so if you want to gift your wife a limit of fish you legally can and you may then go catch your limit the following day(s). Between you both as long as neither exceeds the possession limit you are fine. It's the same with hunting.

It would really be something to see you convince a judge that these extra fish and ducks in your freezer actually belong to your wife, who does not fish, or hunt.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Apr 08, 2021 - 12:09 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 6034

QUOTE (Lazinator @ Apr 07, 2021 - 08:15 pm)

It would really be something to see you convince a judge that these extra fish and ducks in your freezer actually belong to your wife, who does not fish, or hunt.

It would be none of the judges business whether your wife hunts or fishes. She's entitled to a possession limit whether she's licensed or not.

I think it would be funnier to see a prosecutor try to convince a judge that you're not sharing the food in your freezer with your wife lol.

PMEmail Poster
The Spank
Posted: Apr 08, 2021 - 08:32 am

Fry

But it is the law and perfectly legal. I've hunted for years with a couple CO's and they are the ones who explained it to me. Assess it how you please but you are not breaking any laws by "gifting" fish or game to anyone including members of your own family/household.

PMEmail Poster
The Spank
Posted: Apr 08, 2021 - 08:34 am

Fry

QUOTE (Lazinator @ Apr 07, 2021 - 06:15 pm)

But it is the law and perfectly legal. I've hunted for years with a couple CO's and they are the ones who explained it to me. Assess it how you please but you are not breaking any laws by "gifting" fish or game to anyone including members of your own family/household.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: «« < 2 3 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!