Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Is fishing recreational boating?
Wasagabeach
Posted: May 01, 2021 - 03:28 pm

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3362

I really donít know the answer and I feel like Iím missing out. Thanks for any replies

PMEmail Poster
sabmgb
Posted: May 01, 2021 - 03:36 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15901

I don't know offical answer, but my opinion is if I'm fishing I'm fishing. If i'm out for a joy ride, to go skiing or swimming I'm recreational boating.

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: May 01, 2021 - 03:36 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 589

If its not commercial, its recreational.

PMEmail Poster
Jerkbaiter
Posted: May 01, 2021 - 04:24 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 12665

QUOTE (Lazinator @ May 01, 2021 - 03:36 pm)

I agree

PMEmail Poster
Wasagabeach
Posted: May 01, 2021 - 05:02 pm

Smolt Trout

Ok agreed. I just read the fishing rules and regulations for recreational fishing...

PMEmail Poster
Disco
Posted: May 02, 2021 - 07:29 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10908

Black and white statement but the answer is not actually black and white. Subsistence living is still a way of life for many. Subsistence living includes fishing. You may not know people who live this way but I know many who rely on hunting and fishing to feed their families.

Commercial fishing is not the only essential fishing and subsistence fishing is not recreational.

PMEmail Poster
Paddy
Posted: May 03, 2021 - 09:34 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 4885

QUOTE (Jerkbaiter @ May 01, 2021 - 04:24 pm)

I agree

is jogging commercial or recreational? what about bike riding? is that commercial or recreational? i'm confused.

every time i spend a day casting or jigging, my arms and shoulder muscles really get a solid work out.

public service announcement: everyone make sure you DON'T eat properly, DON'T exercise, DON'T take your vitamins and minerals, DON'T get enough sleep, DON'T socialize, DON'T breathe fresh air, and for damn sure...DO NOT attempt to be healthy in any way whatsoever.

safe is not healthy, healthy is not safe. do your part everyone!

PMEmail Poster
Jerkbaiter
Posted: May 03, 2021 - 11:05 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 12665

QUOTE (Disco @ May 02, 2021 - 07:29 pm)

Black and white statement but the answer is not actually black and white. Subsistence living is still a way of life for many. Subsistence living includes fishing. You may not know people who live this way but I know many who rely on hunting and fishing to feed their families.

Commercial fishing is not the only essential fishing and subsistence fishing is not recreational.

Disco, I completely understand and agree with you.

I think the answer re Commercial vs recreational fishing was made strictly as a response to OP's question, was done purely with respect to legal terminology and had nothing to do with the discussion of the fairness of the current Ontario restrictions (for which we have plenty of other threads on the forum).

PMEmail Poster
porkpie
Posted: May 04, 2021 - 05:55 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4287

The real answer here is that only marinas are closed to recreational boating. And with legislation, the devil is in the details. Some towns have decided to close their municipal ramps, but thatís on them not the province. Recreational boating isnít prohibited by legislation currently. Recreational boating from
Marinas is.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: May 06, 2021 - 09:26 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

I stated some time ago that my boat in the marina is registered as commercial. yet i cannot take it out.

i can drive home, hook up my other boat and launch 600 yards from my commercial boat and go fishing.

totally messed up logic

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Wasagabeach
Posted: May 07, 2021 - 04:55 pm

Smolt Trout

I was just trying to find out if Iíd get in crap for launching the boat and going fishing. I found the answer is I can fish in some of my places and not others

PMEmail Poster
Newburg007
Posted: May 07, 2021 - 08:27 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10129

QUOTE (Longshank @ May 06, 2021 - 09:26 pm)
I stated some time ago that my boat in the marina is registered as commercial. yet i cannot take it out.

i can drive home, hook up my other boat and launch 600 yards from my commercial boat and go fishing.

totally messed up logic

Here's another interesting/confusing twist. I can't go to our municipal dock to launch (barricaded and signed) because of the Provincial directive. "BUT" (or "BUTT") I can go to the nearby Provincial Park and launch! Who's running this show?

And they wonder why there's confusion!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Georgian Bay & Lake Huron
Fishing forum for Lake Huron & Georgian Bay. Fishing for walleye, muskie, bass, salmon, trout, crappie, perch and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Enjoy Lake Huron Outdoors!