Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Maple Leafs
grampa d
Posted: Mar 16, 2019 - 10:01 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17079

What the H--l is wrong with them . They can forget about any parade this year . Boston in four

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 08:20 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

To many China dolls on the team.. They lack the grit you need to win puck battles in the corners and the other key areas on the ice...
They should have traded some of there finesse players for some grittier forwards with some back bone to ride shotgun for the other players they have especially heading into the playoffs...
I am one of the leafs biggest fans but I also have a sense of reality and the team is not there..
23 goals against in the last 4 games speaks for itself... The only way I think they have any chance is if Freddy plays out of this world and even then I'm not sure they will be able to handle the pressure..

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 09:52 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

No Roberts, no Wendel, No Dougie Gilmour on the team.. No grit, no heart, no backbone...

You can have all the dancing Gretzkys you want on a team, but if you don't back it up with a Messier and Anderson........... Forget about it.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 12:45 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Agreed they lack grit. They can’t win face offs at all. They scare the heck outta me when they don’t have the puck. They were lucky to wear Philly down the other night and edge out a victory. I couldn’t even watch all of last nights game. Just brutal. I think the Bruins exposed thier weakness and the rest of the league caught on fast.
These boys are going to have look at themselves in the mirror and dig deep if they plan on going deep in the playoffs.

Cheers
Kerry

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 03:11 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Life is so much sweeter when you are not a leafs fan, which I stopped more
than 20 years ago

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ldub
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 03:26 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

Yes, but just remember the bandwagon will be overflowing when the day finally comes lol. I agree we needed Wayne Simmonds, the whole team would have grown a foot. If the leafs don't make it past Boston in the first round this year, I call the Mike Babcock 50 million dollar deal a serious fail to this date, his excuses are getting old.

PMEmail Poster
grampa d
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 05:43 pm

Alevin

I like to keep telling my son that i have something in my life that he might never see and that is the leafs winning two stanley cups . I am only 67 but dont know if i will live to see another one . lol

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 06:08 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

No worries you will see another, if not this year, there's always next year. cheers to being around for the last.

PMEmail Poster
tonyrome69
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 - 08:14 pm

Fry

Member No.: 1581

As an old Bruin the maples scare me. Loads of talent who when they’re firing on all cylinders look out. Watched third period against VGK couple of weeks ago and they left them standing still.VGK is a Stanley Cup contender. Pretty sure they will make playoffs so the last ten games mean nothing and heck they’re only four behind the Bruins.Leafs match up better against TBay than the B’s do. Looking forward to it. Nothing compares to the first round of the NHL playoffs.

PMEmail Poster
grampa d
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 08:09 am

Alevin

Better effort the last two games but still need to tighten things up in there own end

PMEmail Poster
Paddy
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 08:33 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 4885

These last 10 games mean nothing. They are pros. They'll wake up. And say what you want about Gardiner, but we need him back.

PS: how many cups did clarkie and dougie (with the leafs) win? Just one. I'm counting 1993.

PMEmail Poster
Kier
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 01:26 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 10851

QUOTE (Paddy @ Mar 21, 2019 - 08:33 am)
These last 10 games mean nothing. They are pros. They'll wake up. And say what you want about Gardiner, but we need him back.

PS: how many cups did clarkie and dougie (with the leafs) win? Just one. I'm counting 1993.

LOL. Salty leafs fan. Youd have never beat montreal in 93, even if you managed to beat the Kings. You cant count crap that didn't happen

PMEmail Poster
Kings Court
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 - 02:58 pm

Fry

Member No.: 13860

Leafs are terrible. Wont last in the playoffs at all. Mathews and JT don't get along.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace