Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Trolling motor, V2 power drive prop not working
FishNaked
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 06:57 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 11489

So my trolling motor decided not to work the first trip out for the season. Went home to see what was wrong. I have directional turning but prop will not spin. No line behind prop no water inside the pin is there and good and i just bought a new breaker. I noticed the connectors for the foot pedal had a couple gold prongs missing just wanted to know if their gone or if they were ever there lol any info would help.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
2advanced
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 07:21 pm

Alevin

Member No.: 66

Good chance pedal is not in working order. See if you can borrow someone else’s and try.

PMEmail Poster
pandakiller
Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 08:11 pm

Adult Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13176

you followed standard check list ? power attached, battery charged, switched on ? do you here any clicking or humming ? you mentioned a fuse is it blown ? properly seated ,missing ? is that little shaft pin still in place ?

PMEmail Poster
FishNaked
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 05:22 am

Alevin

I checked everything you mentioned As far i can see everything is in working order the way it is suppose to but still no prop movement. Im pretty sure the pedal is the problem. I was just hoping someone had the same connection and could tell me if i was missing a couple gold prongs on the male end of the connector but its probably a circuitboard fried in the pedal. Thanks again for any help or ideas

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 06:47 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Don't think your missing any pins..
Here's mine..
Sounds like maybe a broken wire somewhere in the cable..
I would hook it up so that the propeller would normal be spinning and then work your way up and down the cable moving the wire around in all places to see if you propeller starts up. Then you will know where the break is if that's what the problem is..
Good luck..
Dave..

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
FishNaked
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 - 06:01 pm

Alevin

Awesome dave thanks i figured i couldnt be the only one with that connector !! Always find the help you need thanks guy ill try everything mentioned and hopefully get back to ya when its fixed

PMEmail Poster
Matt K
Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 06:21 am

Egg

Member No.: 16063

Try taking the foot pedal apart and check the contacts. I had a similar problem with mine. It would only turn one way. Turns out it had dirt and leaves up under the plastic and the contact point. They are easy to take apart. 3 springs from the underside.

PMEmail Poster
Fochy
Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 04:25 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13370

I am also haveing an issue with my trolling Motor. With the Ipilot shutting off every time I speed that up or try to turn the pad turns off then I have to press another Button to turn it back onis that an issue with the eye pilot pad or the connection with the motor?

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 04:53 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 589

QUOTE (Fochy @ Jul 03, 2018 - 04:25 pm)
I am also haveing an issue with my trolling Motor. With the Ipilot shutting off every time I speed that up or try to turn the pad turns off then I have to press another Button to turn it back onis that an issue with the eye pilot pad or the connection with the motor?

If you are talking about the ipilot remote then sounds like it might need a new battery.

PMEmail Poster
Fochy
Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 05:48 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 13370

QUOTE (Lazinator @ Jul 03, 2018 - 02:53 pm)
QUOTE (Fochy @ Jul 03, 2018 - 04:25 pm)

If you are talking about the ipilot remote then sounds like it might need a new battery.

I did still did it

PMEmail Poster
centerspin
Posted: Jul 03, 2018 - 10:25 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 347

FishNaked can youtake your prop off? My friend had issuess and he found a lot of fishing line down there. Once removed ,everything started working again.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace