Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Best Website to Buy Lures?, Who has the Best Price and Selection
Fishallday
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 05:26 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 16297

Anyone have a favorite place online to buy lures?

I find the brick and mortar stores have limited selection for size and color.

PM
sabby
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 05:45 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

What are you after? There's plenty to choose from on eBay and us retailers but shipping can add up fast.

PMEmail Poster
Fishallday
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 07:42 pm

Fry

Member No.: 16297

Mostly, Crankbaits, Trolling Spoons, Jigging Lures, Berkley plastic baits.

PM
zuperalexu
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 - 09:43 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7874

Best online store is Tackle Warehouse. Hands down. Shipping and customs charges makes it pretty costly though. Usually I'm convincing a friend to order together so we can split the additional costs or I have ot shipped for free at a friend in Buffalo.

Alex

PMEmail Poster
sabby
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 03:36 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 9998

QUOTE (Fishallday @ Sep 27, 2018 - 07:42 pm)
Mostly, Crankbaits, Trolling Spoons, Jigging Lures, Berkley plastic baits.

When it comes to big US online retailers, Tacklesupplydepot has cheaper shipping than TW. I also like protacklesolutions. Also I find keeping an eye on amazon can be worthwhile as prices and availability seem to vary but every now and than a good deal pops up on tackle that you don't see in stores.

PMEmail Poster
mephisto_lake
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 04:48 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 11714

there's no magical website that consistently has the best deals, my advice is wait for the big sales and buy in bulk I usually start buying at tw black friday sale (4am to make sure your colours are in stock) This is my core order as it's the only sale I know I'm guaranteed 20% some hard to find brands I may not be able to get until next November, and end at bps classic sale in march. Shipping as Sabby mentioned shipping can be expensive $35 cad? at 600 cad though it's a drop in the bucket and the shirts and hats are next to free. Getting a hat, long sleeve and short sleeve shirt for 10 usd mitigates most of the shipping.

20% might not seem like a lot but they usually monitor their prices ...pretty well across the board (some exceptions) to be the same or cheaper than the large retailers like a spro bbz-1 is already 1/3 less than bps prices. So after the 20% off it's more like 50% less than bass pro.

PMEmail Poster
gord88
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 07:43 am

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 4365

Ali Express has lots of fishing stuff. You can get some half decent crankbaits for 50 cents a piece, topwater frogs for a buck, terminal tackle for pennies etc... Shipping takes a couple months though

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 - 09:14 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

I always buy tackle that I can't find here in Canada on FishUSA. They have a wide variety of fishing products. They have promotions everyday. The only thing is buying from the US and getting hit with customs charges and shipping. I find that with some of their promotions, you are able to get a better price, even with the exchange rate, customs and shipping charges. We get together as a bunch of people to make an order so we split the shipping and custom charges.

Also Aliexpress....great prices but long shipping times. Sometimes I receive items in 2 weeks and sometimes up to 2 months.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace