Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Professional Reel Service and Repairs, A Success Story
burnzy1945
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 06:35 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 3334

Gents it’s been awhile. Hope you’re all well, and chomping at the bit for some hardwater action.
I wanted to share my positive experience with Kenny's Reel Repair and Tackle. Reluctantly I admit that I’m useless when it comes to reel repair and maintenance, can't see the little parts and big fingers get in the way, and I'm lazy. At the end of last season I noticed that my reels were bearing the brunt of a couple of particularly abusive seasons, so I sought out a professional.
After a few inquiries I settled on Ken. Easy to deal with, excellent communication, and at $20 a reel (basic service) I figured I was making a good choice. I mailed three reels, from Toronto to Hamilton, at noon on a Tuesday and by 4pm Thursday was advised that the job was done. (Made me think Ken might be a postie or pulled a second storey job on the PO)
Ken charged less than quoted, and provided a very detailed description of exactly what he did to the reels. ie. ” The only real issue was the black carbon fibre inline reel. Some water had gotten in behind the drag and the a/r roller bearing and sleeve were covered with surface rust. All cleaned and polished now.”
I sent an etransfer and the reels were back in hand in less than a week’s time.
In today’s day and age it was a refreshing experience.

PMEmail Poster
00deadon1
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 09:56 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 5025

Just looked this up not one review on yp.ca I have Daiwa SS 1300 tournament reel that requires some loving. Glad you had good experience

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 10:26 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

I've been quite pleased over the years with the service I have had from Rockeys Tackle Repair in Orillia. They have done good work for me on rods, reels and Scotty downriggers.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 10:49 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Thanks for sharing your good experience with us burnzy, as mentioned good service and fair pricing is hard to find these days.

PMEmail Poster
00deadon1
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 10:55 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 5025

Hey there SDC how the fish are you ? I be washing my Gortex today starting to stink

PMEmail Poster
sdcaller
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 12:33 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (00deadon1 @ Oct 31, 2018 - 10:55 am)
Hey there SDC how the fish are you ? I be washing my Gortex today starting to stink

Hi Bob

I'm good, thank you.

I have had lots to do around home--mainly getting rid of millions of leaves and yesterday I winterized the boat motor.

Tomorrow, I plan to be at the river.

SDC

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 12:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

I heard Rocky's is good but they won't ix Shimano

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace