Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nipigon trip this May
JWall
Posted: Jan 09, 2020 - 12:48 pm

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17854

Heading to Nipigon for the first time this spring, hoping to beat my personal best brookie that has stood since '82. I will have a few extra days on the drive from southern Ontario to fish other spots along the way. Any must-do recommendations for a trout angler along that route?
Will have my 16' boat and a kayak.

This post has been edited by JWall on Jan 09, 2020 - 12:49 pm

PMEmail Poster
sparky302
Posted: Jan 09, 2020 - 03:01 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4572

QUOTE (JWall @ Jan 09, 2020 - 12:48 pm)
Heading to Nipigon for the first time this spring, hoping to beat my personal best brookie that has stood since '82. I will have a few extra days on the drive from southern Ontario to fish other spots along the way. Any must-do recommendations for a trout angler along that route?
Will have my 16' boat and a kayak.

Lots of lakes to Try if your crossing HWY#17

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Fishnhunt
Posted: Jan 09, 2020 - 06:56 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15869

Thatís a trip I always wanted to do ....are you staying with an outfitter or camping on crown. That water is legendary!!! Iím jealous.

Many of the lakes in Lake Superior Park are worth a visit if you are going through that way. Gorgeous drive too.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 09, 2020 - 11:18 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Iíve passed that way to moose hunt and dreamed of the fishing opportunities.

PMEmail Poster
JWall
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 - 09:46 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 17854

QUOTE (Fishnhunt @ Jan 09, 2020 - 07:56 pm)
Thatís a trip I always wanted to do ....are you staying with an outfitter or camping on crown. That water is legendary!!! Iím jealous.

Many of the lakes in Lake Superior Park are worth a visit if you are going through that way. Gorgeous drive too.

I am very lucky to be good friends with on the best guides in Northern Ontario, Tyler Dunn. Us and a few other friends will be setting up a base camp on crown land.
I've fish the Soo rapids and a couple lakes near Webbwood but will likely try some smaller lakes closer to Nipigon once I determine what looks most appealing. LSPP is a possibility.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 - 11:23 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

Any of the rivers from Terrace Bay to Nipigon are well worth a shot...both brook trout and steelhead depending on when you are there

coastal brookies in Lake Superior as well

you are making me jealous as I fished that whole area extensively a long time ago

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!