Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Closer Report
Species8472
Posted: Mar 15, 2020 - 11:57 pm

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 16923

So the plan was to head up Saturday morning, stop at the cottage, pick up my gear and than fish Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. In the winter we use the sleds to access the cottage as the driveway is 2km long and it's just not worth keeping it open. Well made it 0.5 km and came upon this:

Attached Image

So had to walk the remaining 1.5k in and back out with the chainsaw. By the time I finished the walking, got the saw running and got the tree out of the way i decided to change my plans and relax by the wood stove. Slept in until 9 so it was 1030 before i was out on the lake Sunday morning.

Day was absolutely gorgeous:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Almost immediately i had a 10.5 and 11.5 inch perch:

Attached Image

Soon after those 2 I hooked what i thought was a decent size walleye as it was peeling line off my reel. I got it to the bottom of the hole and saw the biggest perch i have ever seen in my life. Sad to say at that point the spoon caught on the bottom edge of the hole and dislodged from the fish. After that it was quiet for about an hour and than i started catching 14 or 15 inch walleye regularly (8 total on the day):

Attached Image

At about 445 pm some bigger walleye moved in and started hammering my minnow tipped spoon. In 15 minutes i burned through 9 minnows but only managed to ice 3 of them. At this point i was out of minnows. 2 of the 3 were about 17 inches but the guy who inhaled my second last minnow was the prize - he was 18.5 and came home with me:

Attached Image

So day's total was 2 perch and 11 walleye including my first keeper this season. Also had a visit from a group of 3 COs. They were quite pleasant. One last thing - I really need to stud the track on my sled - sliding all over today.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 - 05:32 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Stellar report.

PMEmail Poster
Fozzy47
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 - 07:15 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 18006

You stuck with it... and were rewarded. Good show!

PMEmail Poster
Limacharley
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 - 07:55 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11791

Start shopping for sliders for your sled because without snow they're going to burn up. Or invest in some scratchers.

Nice report and photos.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 - 01:50 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Nice last outing for the season

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!