Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Opening of Trout Season, Under discussion...
avgefisherman
Posted: Apr 11, 2020 - 04:20 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 2365

$1000.00 ticket is not worth getting for a fish that you can go buy at the grocery store. It sucks but they should close it down for now and hope it flattens out and we can go for the Fall run plus there will be more fish. Stay safe everyone...

PMEmail Poster
Knuguy
Posted: Apr 11, 2020 - 05:03 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 877

QUOTE (Donny135 @ Apr 03, 2020 - 01:27 am)
Really glad to see everyone on this forum being so responsible with this and not pushing their luck.

Quite! A contrast to the lackadaisical attitude that i see in the community.

PMEmail Poster
TMAN
Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 01:15 pm

Fry

Member No.: 3811

The sad reality is that the only way to prevent people from fishing the rivers in groups is to close it down completely and suspend or cancel the season. It hurts nothing to cancel it and who knows what or who it hurts if they don't. Of course you may still have the poachers heading out but can't stop all the idiots or they wouldn't be called idiots. I went out once about 3 weeks ago and there was definitely more people out than I have ever seen that time of the year and being mid week...
I hope they close the season, will be best for all(people and the fish themselves) Of course that closure should extend to all Canadians including the indigenous folks... no exceptions.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 02:20 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

The Ganaraska River is officially closed to all fishing at this time. Port Hope has taken the steps to declare everything south of the CN Bridge, no fishing..

Now we await the decision for the 25th.

I am not bothering personally. Better for the fish IMO..

Plus I am nearly certain there were no egg collections this year.

PMEmail Poster
salmonslayer
Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 03:31 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 7193

had talk with yakabuski on Saturday during fishing show he mentioned opener is still a go for now and they will make a decision as we get closer to the date and he also mentioned about keeping the 6 foot rule. It is the towns and cities making some decisions on closing areas off , even fishing from boat is still allowed but still 6 foot rule if not alone. . Stay home relax get all your gear together clean and polish and hopefully this will be mostly over by the time walleye opens. everyone stay safe

PMEmail Poster
Mcc
Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 03:57 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9379

I agree stay safe every one.

But one thing is if there extending gym memberships then they should extend our fishing/ hunting licenses.

Just a thought.

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Apr 12, 2020 - 04:32 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

I don't think it's so much about the 6 foot rule. It's more about people travelling, That is how it spreads

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!