Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Deep River - Wally fishing help
doubleblue44
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 - 05:59 pm

Lunker Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11477

Hi There - I am Kawarthas angler heading to Deep River Walleye fishing next week - I went in the spring and had decent success jigging worms - any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated - I would be more than happy to help yall with any bass/musky tips in Kawarthas too.
Thanks in advance!
Tight lines

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Aug 25, 2018 - 06:52 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Try to get some live minnows and use them with a jig. White, orange, yellow and green colors are a must.. Myself I prefer white and the orange..
Mornings and evenings look for shallow rock beds or even shallow water adjacent to deep drop offs.. Where there is one there are usually other so when you get one work the area.. Afternoon I would definitely be trying to fish 15 to 25ft depths..
Good luck looking forward to your reports of catching lots of gold..
Cheers Dave..

PMEmail Poster
doubleblue44
Posted: Aug 27, 2018 - 02:06 pm

Lunker Trout

Thanks Dave - exactly what I was looking for! I do think I will be washed out tomorrow and Wednesday though - cheers
Paul

PMEmail Poster
JAYG79
Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 03:52 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 8002

Get a couple of erie dearie's they work amazing. Throw a grub or a salamander on also.

PMEmail Poster
doubleblue44
Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 02:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Hi Guys - I finally made the trip to DR, their were 6 of us in 3 boats. Targeting walleyes.
First day was decent, 2 boats maxed out, most were caught on jigs (all colours) with stinger hooks and worms. bouncing in 25-30 FOW.
Second day was lights out, we hit our limit around noon and upgraded them by catching another 15 or so, again 25-30 FOW same presentation. Biggest (we had a contest ) was 17.5 inches, most of them were 15. Not monsters at all but really good fun. I think we caught aroud 50-60 total all boats.
The MVP for my boat was a drift sock I got for $40 the night before!! Really worked well in rough conditions.
Thanks for help guys! Cheers
Paul

PMEmail Poster
Collingwood Dean
Posted: Oct 13, 2018 - 09:41 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 9535

Sounds like fun!

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace