Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Leonard lake
Fishallday
Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 04:24 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 16297

Hi Guys,

I am fishing Leonard lake in muskoka next week for a father and son trip. We want to target any fish that we could catch. Can someone help with general areas and tactics to use on the lake. Please PM me if you have any general info to share.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Fishallday on Sep 14, 2018 - 05:51 pm

PM
Drew
Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 05:16 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 8190

You should be able to find some whitefish. They stock it with rainbows, and I don't believe there are lakers present, so catching those will prove difficult. May want to change your focus to include rainbows, or probably you'd do best with just the whities.

PMEmail Poster
Fishallday
Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 06:58 pm

Fry

Member No.: 16297

Thanks for they reply.

Rainbows would be great. What depths should I target them?

PM
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Sep 07, 2018 - 12:18 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

I'd change your focus to smallmouth bass if you want to catch some fish. Might even get lucky and bump in to a big old walleye. Whitefish will be tough this time of year.

PMEmail Poster
Wasa
Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 08:10 pm

Fry

Member No.: 13944

From my experience there's good numbers of small whitefish (1-2 pounds) & the smallmouth fishing is average. The stocked rainbows don't seem to be surviving too well. I talked to someone on the lake a few weeks ago who was doing creel surveys for the stocked rainbows, they said there aren't a lot of people catching them and when they do, they're small. We don't fish it much in the summer, mostly in the winter. If you're launching from the public boat launch watch out for the large boulders out in front of the launch sitting just under the surface, they can be hard to see sometimes. There are public boat launches on Lake Muskoka very close to Leonard Lake if you want to go for lakers (and everything else), the closest one is less than 5 minutes away from Leonard lake.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace