Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> May 13th. My whitey opener.
VBB
Posted: May 13, 2018 - 11:53 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 9650

Got up nice and early this morning and headed out for the first time on soft water this year on a vessel that scares the crap out of me on Simcoe. I call it the tin canoe. It's 10ft long and is powered by an extra long shaft 6hp 70s evinrude. You have to be extremely careful how you move around on it as it is quite tippy and hold on to the sides when a boats wake comes through. Well out on the water by 6 and I started looking. Found a few marks but aside from one chase nothing. For the next 4 hours it was the same story. Made one more move and boom! Fish on! Got it to the surface and a quick release. Then another, and another until it was 5 in a row in 15 minutes and I said to hell with this spot!! I moved about 200ft and 10ft deeper and got 3 more. And that's when I packed it up and went home. Unfortunately what I was getting into were big smallies and they were loving the vibrato. I don't think I would have found a whitey amongst that crowd and didn't want to keep piercing them. Skunk for my first whitey outing. Saw James (Xialou) paddle past us and said hello. Hope you did better than me James.

PMEmail Poster
xiaolu
Posted: May 13, 2018 - 02:14 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (VBB @ May 13, 2018 - 11:53 am)
Got up nice and early this morning and headed out for the first time on soft water this year on a vessel that scares the crap out of me on Simcoe. I call it the tin canoe. It's 10ft long and is powered by an extra long shaft 6hp 70s evinrude. You have to be extremely careful how you move around on it as it is quite tippy and hold on to the sides when a boats wake comes through. Well out on the water by 6 and I started looking. Found a few marks but aside from one chase nothing. For the next 4 hours it was the same story. Made one more move and boom! Fish on! Got it to the surface and a quick release. Then another, and another until it was 5 in a row in 15 minutes and I said to hell with this spot!! I moved about 200ft and 10ft deeper and got 3 more. And that's when I packed it up and went home. Unfortunately what I was getting into were big smallies and they were loving the vibrato. I don't think I would have found a whitey amongst that crowd and didn't want to keep piercing them. Skunk for my first whitey outing. Saw James (Xialou) paddle past us and said hello. Hope you did better than me James.

Nice to have passed by you (and your wife I think) early in the morning. I saw you were fishing close to shore (at relatively shallow water) all the time you were on water until you went back to shore around 11:00AM

I fished deep and then shallow. At 118 fow early in the morning I hooked and landed a monster laker, and released it (I did post a new report), then moved in closer to where you fished (a much shallower area), and was hoping to catch a whitefish (or two:-), but didn't see none. Called it a day right before noon time.

PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace