Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Out on lake O bluffers park, Washing spoons all day
Arthur k
Posted: Jul 30, 2023 - 04:43 pm

Fry

Group: Members
Member No.: 19889

Today me a buddy hit Bluffers park, slipped in the water around 8:30. There was a ton of boats out trolling the ridge in and out 100-170 and back. Around 10 am the rod went off just in front of the filtration plant 120 foot deep in 145 foot of water. A nice 16 lb silver went into the well.
Then we washed spoons till 2:30 in the afternoon.
Tons of fish marked all hugging the bottom close to the ridge in 90-110 foot water. We only had on other knock off but got off in just a few minutes.
We tried every colour and size spoons we had, flashers , flies, squid, J plugs. Nothing worked. We fished from 50 feet down to 130.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Arthur k
Posted: Jul 30, 2023 - 05:48 pm

Fry

On a side note the craziest thing happened on the water, on one of my Mag 10 stx riggers, the rod holder broke off and took the brand new shimano Rod and reel out to the water and down 100 feet. Pulled the rigger weight up and the line was still on the release. I grabbed the line released it and pulled the rod and reel back.

PMEmail Poster
finsfurfeathers
Posted: Jul 30, 2023 - 06:00 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 656

Would of been out this morning too if I didn't have an errand too do. Was out Friday at Bluffers. Sunrise had my first knock off , shortly had another, third shot landed an 18 lber, reset and got a 10, snapped line( think it got kinked fighting the last fish) lost my favourite lure. Retied and sent it down and hit another 18. Wind and waves became more than I was comfortable with and was back at the dock by 8:00am all fish came 80-90 feet just east of the mile marker. All hit a Lyman 66ft down. For me if you're not out by sunrise you've missed the boat.

PMEmail Poster
grampa
Posted: Jul 30, 2023 - 07:12 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7317

no expert but meat bite seems to be on now down deeper glad you got your gear back

PMEmail Poster
Fishnhunt
Posted: Jul 30, 2023 - 08:28 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 15869

Glad you got your rod back and got a nice salmon as well.

PMEmail Poster
ronnie
Posted: Jul 31, 2023 - 12:21 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 7515

Arthur K Call Cannon re holder. Its happened to me twice and also took a chunk out of the side plate. Its a terrible design , locking teeth that dont mesh .
Cannon really screwed up but the good news is that they will replace all broken or lost bits

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Jul 31, 2023 - 01:16 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

WOW...Lucky you saved the rod and reel.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jul 31, 2023 - 03:16 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

nice fish and a great save on the equipment.......

as a general rule, if you go down past 70=80feet try the meat. not pure science at all, but seems to work most of the time

keep at it

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
reelinginthebigone
Posted: Aug 01, 2023 - 08:00 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 18443

Sunday was the Whitby derby, and there were like 30+ boats. Sunday was an extremely hard bite across the entire lake. A few guys were able to pull in a good box, but again, it was a hard day.

The previous days were pretty dang good. I think the storm slowed them down.

PMEmail Poster
Arthur k
Posted: Aug 01, 2023 - 03:23 pm

Fry

QUOTE (ronnie @ Jul 31, 2023 - 12:21 pm)
Arthur K Call Cannon re holder. Its happened to me twice and also took a chunk out of the side plate. Its a terrible design , locking teeth that dont mesh .
Cannon really screwed up but the good news is that they will replace all broken or lost bits

Thanks man I will take it to that guy in Missisauga and see what he can do
Yes the entire side plate is mangled

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

ICX Carbon Ice
Fishing Reel

WintePro Insulated
Fishing Gloves

Crampons Ice Cleats
for Winter Boots

Frabill Hub Shelter

Rapala Jigging
Rap Perch

Garmin STRIKER 4
Ice Fishing Bundle

Landworks Eco- Friendly Electric
Cordless Auger Power Head

CLAM 8073 Outdoor
Portable Fish Trap

CLAM Ice Fishing Shelter
Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!