Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bear Point parking?
Woodsman
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 07:53 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 477

With parking changes in other area's around Lake Simcoe has anything changed in the Bear Point area?

PMEmail Poster
Fisherman
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 08:29 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

There's paid parking at the municipal lot by the goat trail and there's a lot of no parking signs in the immediate area. If you have a Disabled plate or tag or Veterans plate, no cost in the 3 municipal lots in Innisfil

PM
Woodsman
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 09:21 pm

Trophy Trout

I was just wondering if there were any changes.
I know how it was the last few years.
Don't want to run into unexpected changes.

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 09:30 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

QUOTE (Fisherman @ Jan 10, 2019 - 08:29 pm)
There's paid parking at the municipal lot by the goat trail and there's a lot of no parking signs in the immediate area. If you have a Disabled plate or tag or Veterans plate, no cost in the 3 municipal lots in Innisfil

Frigging goat hill... Iíd like to set a camera up there to record the goings on. Sure youíd have quite the highlight reel in a season! Lol

PMEmail Poster
Woodsman
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 09:40 pm

Trophy Trout

Before I fished there I heard the reports of the hill.
I expected the worse.
When I got there I thought WTF?
I've dealt with worse slopes in the summer(even harder to get up in the summer than the Bear Point hill in winter) to get to some back lakes.
And I'm a late 50's male.

PMEmail Poster
BlackCrowe13
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 09:58 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 9047

QUOTE (Woodsman @ Jan 10, 2019 - 09:40 pm)
I expected the worse.
I've dealt with worse slopes in the summer(even harder to get up in the summer than the Bear Point hill in winter) to get to some back lakes.

Itís more when it gets rutted out and iced over. The hill itself is not so bad, but when the conditions get bad... you better build up some steam.

Iíve watched several losing battles on that hill... once it was so bad the only way up was to hitch a ride on the machines the operator had there.

Lol, it has personality... some days itís okay, others itís an angry B!
😂

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:23 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

QUOTE (BlackCrowe13 @ Jan 10, 2019 - 09:58 pm)
QUOTE (Woodsman @ Jan 10, 2019 - 09:40 pm)
I expected the worse.

Itís more when it gets rutted out and iced over. The hill itself is not so bad, but when the conditions get bad... you better build up some steam.

Iíve watched several losing battles on that hill... once it was so bad the only way up was to hitch a ride on the machines the operator had there.

😂

Yes and there is always a bump right at the bottom that is pretty rough on the clam flip if you get too much speed.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Fisherman
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 11:29 am

World Record Trout

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (longfish @ Jan 10, 2019 - 11:23 pm)

😂 [/QUOTE]
Yes and there is always a bump right at the bottom that is pretty rough on the clam flip if you get too much speed.

The bottom of the hill airborne bump, the only time I think I ever got air driving an ARGO.

PM
ice_addict
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 12:03 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 2648

Three or four years ago after that crazy ice storm we had. It took some guys over an hour to get up the hill with multiple fails. I myself went down hard about half way up and tried to hold the rope to slow down the slide because my father inlaw who was following me up had just fallen and was slidding down just behind me and i didnt want to smoke him just as he was trying to get back up. I also thought it would be a good idea to take my gloves off. Double big mistake.

I still rocked him and got a nice rope burn on my hand. We did have a good laugh. First thing he said when we got to the top of the hill was "Never bring me back to this spot" lol so now we enter from other access location when i bring him out. I have been back a few time since and it's always an interesting climb.

Ice_addict

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace