Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Draft Fisheries Management Zone 15 Management Plan, Submit a comment
Longshank
Posted: Oct 21, 2022 - 02:08 pm

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

lots of references to native species of lake trout...most of the lakes I fish have had plenty of stocking over the last 30 years and not with native trout

I'm shaking my head

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Sharkbait22
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 - 05:27 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 925

Just a reminder to comment on the proposed changes to the regs for zone 15. Comment period closes at 11:59 p.m. on: November 28, 2022. Register or comment anonymously.

Overall there are many changes and many are big changes e.g., reduction in fishing season from 9 months to 3.25 months for small lake trout lakes. This upsets me the most but there are similar changes for other species and lake types that are equally upsetting. Seems like these proposed changes could be introduced incrementally instead all at once. Also there are many ways to enhance sustainability of lake trout without drastic reductions in season length. I would rather have regs that allow me to fish than not fish at all. For example, try reduced harvest limits, tougher minimum size limits, allowing only one line, not allowing dead or live bait, banning set lines, barbless hooks. There are lots of management tools before getting to no fishing. Tight lines.

Please read, educate, and comment. Make your voice heard.
https://ero.ontario.ca/notice/019-5715

Lots of proposed changes. https://prod-environmental-registry.s3.amaz..._2022_FINAL.pdf

PMEmail Poster
Michael Kerwin
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 - 07:40 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7520

QUOTE (Sharkbait22 @ Nov 23, 2022 - 05:27 pm)
I would rather have regs that allow me to fish than not fish at all. For example, try reduced harvest limits, tougher minimum size limits, allowing only one line, not allowing dead or live bait, banning set lines, barbless hooks. There are lots of management tools before getting to no fishing.

Ditto.

Thanks for posting.

PMEmail Poster
Dogfish1979
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 - 09:42 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 17166

Long read. When is this proposed to be initiated?

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 - 06:02 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 13075

QUOTE (Dogfish1979 @ Nov 29, 2022 - 09:42 pm)
Long read. When is this proposed to be initiated?

Not for this 2023 season according someone within the MNR. If adapted, likely for the 2024 season. Itís not all bad.

PMEmail Poster
Dogfish1979
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 - 10:39 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 17166

Not bad at all, just a good example of sacrifice to ensure healthy fisheries/future. A step in the right direction!

PMEmail Poster
Omcdinosaur
Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 08:48 am

Parr Trout

Member No.: 11022

Very all encompassing legislation change with little hard data to go from with many species. Puts all the cost and responsibility to change upon anglers and landowners, while ignoring the 2 largest threats to this "plan" working as expected...Mid Feb. to march 1st??? Effectively eliminates the ice hut culture from our society, this legislation (proposed AS IF! SMH) is a slap in the face to every Ontarian. IMO

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!