Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Friday Fishin’, Muskie and Whitefish
mykola
Posted: Nov 04, 2022 - 01:41 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 13075

Fished 9:30-12:30 today, had the little man along for the ride, a little last minute “long weekend” fishing. Went to Mommy lake again, water like glass out there with a beautiful fog. Didn’t last long as the wind crept up and made for quite the choppy morning. My son loved the rough water though so I can’t complain, he was riding the casting deck like a surf board. Tried some new spots today, some drops and saddles around 45-60fow. That would remain the target depth for the duration of the outing. Looked around for fish, marked a few, only singles and very few of them. Stopped for an hour in one spot, lost one, felt pretty heavy, probably a whitefish. Putted across the lake to where I had the walleye bonanza a couple weeks ago, marked a school of smelt on bottom so I stopped and jigged a while, had a couple lookers right away but mother after that for at least 45 min… and then….. the mark of all marks appears…. Right in bottom underneath my lure, I start to jig gently and reel slowly to entice a chase, it follows! Absolutely massive mark (compared to what I usually mark) and come as I reel up about 10 ft off bottom it turns and returns to the dead zone at the bottom of the graph (fishing a steep shelf). I drop my line to bottom and pound the shelf a few times then reel up at a moderate speed small jerks all the while, begin to reach that ten ft off bottom zone again and ZOOOOMm!!!! The massive mark comes flying off bottom and absolutely crushes my 7g Vibrato….. fish on! Holy crap it’s heavy and taking long runs… I adjust my drag as I go, only using 6lb line after all! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzting, ting, ting, zzzzzzzzzzzz must have peeled 100ft of line…. Managed to fight it back to boat, very slow process, slowly bring it up from the depths, it darts to the size almost taking the line right into the trolling motor…. Get a good look as it comes up to the surface about 40ft from the boat, what a nice looking Muskie! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Back down she goes…. The battle continues, Managed to get the fish back up to the surface, and my son tries 4 times to net it unsuccessfully, he’s going nuts says it’s another shark fish! I grab the net from him, the fish is clearly tired at this point and miss again…. Nope still has some p### and vinegar…. Another quick bout then I finally get net under it and the moment I do, the hook pops out….. sweet! At least I don’t have to stick my hands it it’s mouth! Haha. Handed my son the phone and got some quick pics and a measurement, 38” Muskie… the picture doesn’t do it justice it has such nice spots on it. Quick release and she took off like a bullet back to the depths…My son was thrilled to have witnessed the battle and the as a little disappointed he didn’t net it, but all was well, he wanted to catch one now so he started fishing hard for the next 15 minutes before giving up again….. I managed to fish another 45 min maybe and managed to hook into a chunk of a whitefish, I found a school on bottom on the way out and went 1 for 3…. They grow them big in this tiny lake. Waves got a little crazy after noon so we called it a day. Better try a different lake tomorrow, why not?

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Nov 04, 2022 - 01:43 pm

Trophy Trout

Whitie

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Drew
Posted: Nov 04, 2022 - 04:38 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 8190

Well done, good start to the weekend!

PMEmail Poster
Jstubbs
Posted: Nov 04, 2022 - 05:25 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16585

Pic aside you can tell it's a nice fish.

Awesome story.

My record is 10lb mono fishing a worm harness for walleyes - just drifting lol

My rod starts bending over almost breaking going nuts - 40 inch musky lol

PMEmail Poster
crappeeeman
Posted: Nov 05, 2022 - 01:18 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 18589

Very nice, on both fish.

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Nov 05, 2022 - 01:19 pm

Trophy Trout

Went back out this morning, all the lakes were glass on the way to the launch, I knew the wind was coming though. Fished 9:30-12pm. Tried new drops and settled on 38 fow near the top of a very steep mid lake shelf. Slow go, missed half dozen bites. Connected with two nice 24” walleye. Well, one was nice the other was riddled with tumours. My son caught that one… broke his heart we had to release it. I’m sure the meat was fine, I don’t mind one or two tumour on a walleye, but not like this. Lucky guy back he went.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
mykola
Posted: Nov 05, 2022 - 01:41 pm

Trophy Trout

By noon the waves were vicious we had to go. It was fun to get out! Such a warm morning for November. Here’s dinner. This one was nice and healthy, must have been 4 to niches across its shoulders, such a brute.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Nov 06, 2022 - 02:36 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

great report.... quality fish

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Chevy
Posted: Nov 06, 2022 - 03:12 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

Great read. Thanks for sharing
Cheers

PMEmail Poster
mamona
Posted: Nov 07, 2022 - 10:11 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 14206

What a report, I enjoyed reading it very much

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Northern Lakes
Fishing forum for Northern Ontario, including Muskoka, Algonquin & Bancroft Area Lakes. Fishing for brook trout, lake trout, bass, walleye, pickerel, muskie, pike, crappie, perch, splake and more. Northern Ontario fishing at it's Best!