» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Slowww fishing so far, How's everyone else doing
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 01:04 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10053

Out with lake nipissing ice charter, really great outfitter. Unfortunately between the 4 of us we've caught 2 walleye (14") and 2 perch, since yesterday.

Marks are hard to come by.

Walked around 1.5 km this morning looking for activity, not finding much.

How's everyone else doing out here?

Bout to head out and go on another scouting trip in the opposite direction.

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 01:10 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

That's tough to hear. Hopefully things will pick up for you guys.

PMEmail Poster
SteveG
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 01:20 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 2507

How are you guys fishing ?

PMEmail Poster
ldub
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 02:03 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4441

Have you tried the day huts?

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 03:56 pm

Trophy Trout

I think we have tried everything, have tip ups out at various depths. Have a mix of some minnows, liples cranks baits, buck shots, jigging raps, etc

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 04:16 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

That is tough, because weather etc looks great.

do not know your depth, but I would be going back to basics and running a single minnow with a split shot for the afternoon bite.

I have never had to move, but if not marking, your shoal location may have dried up. hopefully, that is not the case.

how are others doing in your vicinity /

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
metalbuckle
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 04:36 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

X2 what Longshank said...

Back to basics and finese fishing..

Try this, one line on a sensitive ultralight rod or spring tip, hook a minnow through the skin on its back wth a small hook, split shot 1 ft up. Drop down and set minnow 6 inches to 1 ft off bottom. Leave it there.

Now setup another rod with a small flash spoon, williams etc, use a hole about 3 feet away, drop this down and jig the spoon about 1 to 3 feet off bottom, not too eratic. Setup a flasher on this line, once you call in a fish ie see a mark. Stop jigging and move to your minnow line. Slowly jig this minnow line once or twice to get the minnow swimming and leave it again, wait for the hit.. Never fails . Good Luck.

Post a picture here of the fish.. So I can see the victim of this trickery.. LOL

PMEmail Poster
FishCrazyT
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 06:30 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 7751

QUOTE (metalbuckle @ Jan 05, 2019 - 04:36 pm)

Try this, one line on a sensitive ultralight rod or spring tip, hook a minnow through the skin on its back wth a small hook, split shot 1 ft up. Drop down and set minnow 6 inches to 1 ft off bottom. Leave it there.

Now setup another rod with a small flash spoon, williams etc, use a hole about 3 feet away, drop this down and jig the spoon about 1 to 3 feet off bottom, not too eratic. Setup a flasher on this line, once you call in a fish ie see a mark. Stop jigging and move to your minnow line. Slowly jig this minnow line once or twice to get the minnow swimming and leave it again, wait for the hit.. Never fails . Good Luck.

Post a picture here of the fish.. So I can see the victim of this trickery.. LOL

X2 Love it! Also, if you aren’t getting results, try an ultra loud rattle bait (Clackin’ raps are my fav) and see if that vibration calls in fish from a distance and the set line closes the deal. Keep us posted on the bite! Tight lines!

PMEmail Poster
longfish
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 07:50 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 10648

Two of the largest Williams on one split ring and no hooks for the flasher rod to bring them in. Jig them hard....make noise and make flash.....bring them in.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
jedi17
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 08:11 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 10363

out today, 8 walleye, 5 pike and several misses. Bite was very light, lost one rod down the hole, apparently that but was not that light...lol.

PMEmail Poster
kingphoenix
Posted: Jan 05, 2019 - 11:51 pm

Trophy Trout

QUOTE (metalbuckle @ Jan 05, 2019 - 04:36 pm)

Thanks for the tips!

I have been going around with a lipless crankbait just to try to get some marks, we are on a biig flat I walked 1.5 km in one direction and the depth did not change.

It's funny I tried something like that this morning, went to move over to my light rod and the fish kept going up to my lipless crankbait and just demolished it 8ft from off bottom and didn't hesitate Just to make sure we had no idea what they would want lol!

We are trying to make sure we are covering all the options. Even the jaw jacker has had minnows in it all weekend and usually shines with light bites, has not gone off once yet.

PMEmail Poster
Chuck Enwinde
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 06:26 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 6034

Sounds like you've got the bases covered. If you're not marking, all you can do is try and call them in, move or wait. A little chum never hurts but don't go overboard with it. What depth are the huts in?

PMEmail Poster
Mr Meat
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 10:00 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 15336

Was on Callander Bay Saturday afternoon useing minows and caught 8-10 Wally’s and 5 perch,and lost a few

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 11:19 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11509

Was up Friday and Saturday with my son. Landed many 15-20 a day move around a bit.
Managed two keepers and some perch.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
RAM3500
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 11:20 am

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11509

pic

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace