Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Marcum vs 485C Underwater Camera Overview, a video description
kokemachine
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 05:29 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 4328

Hey folks, so I put together a short video about my Marcum vs 485c underwater camera. I get a lot of questions about it.
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/csW6-LR9cuA[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster
BillieBob
Posted: Jan 06, 2019 - 11:19 am

Fry

Member No.: 4588

Kokemachine, the video that you showed was it Lake Nipissing and if so how deep. I didn't think that an underwater camera had good results on this lake since it is a tea coloured lake. I tried a camera years ago, but it was only good for 6 inches of viewing area due to the colour of the water.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

PMEmail Poster
kokemachine
Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 08:02 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4328

Yes that video is from the south side of the lake when I was fishing with Cranman. It was in about 20ft of water. I noticed that that side of the lake had less sediment than the North side where I usually fish. Up my way the visibility is in and off but I can generally get about a 5 ft viewing distance without the light on a sunny day. I've had to adjust the brightness settings. I've tried this gizmo on Temagami and the clear water goes so much more nicely with the camera.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 10:44 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

QUOTE (BillieBob @ Jan 06, 2019 - 01:19 pm)
Kokemachine, the video that you showed was it Lake Nipissing and if so how deep. I didn't think that an underwater camera had good results on this lake since it is a tea coloured lake. I tried a camera years ago, but it was only good for 6 inches of viewing area due to the colour of the water.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Hey BillieBob how is it going. We are heading up this Thursday, aiming to be there around noon. Hopefully we will see you up there.

Tight Lines

PMEmail Poster
BillieBob
Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 01:32 pm

Fry

Member No.: 4588

GREAT. Shawn told me you were coming this week. Did you get any new lures that your trying. I still cannot find the pumpkin pie one!
See you this week, more snow tonight and 20 inches of ice where you are going.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 07, 2019 - 02:03 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

QUOTE (BillieBob @ Jan 07, 2019 - 03:32 pm)
GREAT. Shawn told me you were coming this week. Did you get any new lures that your trying. I still cannot find the pumpkin pie one!
See you this week, more snow tonight and 20 inches of ice where you are going.

Lol, no new ones the ones we had last year seemed to work fine so will stick with them again this year. 20" of ice and snow sounds good, now if you could just call in the keeper walleye's for us

PMEmail Poster
BIGFILTHY
Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 06:14 am

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 2710

GOOD LUCK FATRAP
SAVE SOME FOR US.

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 10:38 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

QUOTE (BIGFILTHY @ Jan 08, 2019 - 08:14 am)
GOOD LUCK FATRAP
SAVE SOME FOR US.

Thanks BigFilthy......we have already put your name on all the ones that are under the slot size

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace